Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Telecare El Dorado County Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 16-bed locked hospital facility providing acute inpatient psychiatric treatment to adults aged 18+, diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Part Time .6; Friday 3:00pm - 11:30 pm, Saturday and Sunday 8 hours (flexible)
The Unit Clerk provides support services to the nursing, clinical, and medical staff. Duties are typically clerical and technical in nature and will involve contact with members served.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Completes a variety of documentation tasks, including maintaining accurate records, filing, and assembling medical records
• Prepares materials and performs admissions, discharges, and transfers in medical records/E.H.R.
• Schedules members served appointments
• Orders and maintains the appropriate level of supplies
• Answers the telephone, taking messages and screening calls as assigned
• Provides families of members served and other staff members with requested information, using excellent communication skills
• Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Provides high quality clerical assistance to nursing and medical department staff members, as requested
• Manages routine maintenance of Electronic Medical Records
• Completes basic data entry of clinical billing
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• High school graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
• Six (6) months experience as a unit clerk or administrative support staff in a health care environment
• Knowledge of basic medical terminology and Electronic Health Record (EHR)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Experience working with the general public in a health care environment
• Completion of unit clerk certification program
• Highly developed organizational skills, knowledge of the operation of copy machines, basic computer skills, basic typing proficiency (45 wpm) and knowledge of medical terminology
• The ability to read, write, speak English and excellent communication skills is essential, as is the willingness to work with disabled members served
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, twist, bend and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, sit, reach and to do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.