Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As a member of the Telecare family, the Bakersfield Recovery Station will be a 10-space program in Bakersfield, CA. The Recovery Station will promote wellness and recovery in a welcoming setting while providing law enforcement a diversion for person who are acutely under the influence of alcohol or drugs and who possibly might also have a co-occurring condition. Rather than being arrested, community members will be presented with an opportunity for peer engagement, assessment, brief clinical interventions and linkage with community-based services. As an integral member of the team, you will help provide services to the community that are strength-based, empowering, and person-centered. The average length of stay will be 8-10 hours.
Here is a recent news item about the Recovery Station http://bit.ly/32sclmp
Employment Status: Short-Hour .4
Shift: DAYS 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Days: Saturday and Sunday
The SUTS Counselor provides substance use treatment services to clients including individual and group counseling, family counseling, completing ASAM 's, assessment, treatment and discharge planning, case management, linkages, referrals, and other supportive services to adults.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Adheres to Drug Medi-Cal, DHCS, and Telecare Corporation's standards of care and timelines
• Conducts admissions, intakes, ASAM, assessments, treatment plans, and discharge planning in support of client flow within the contractually specified timelines
• Documents according to DHCS drug medi-Cal regulations
• Conducts individual, group, and family sessions as needed
• Writes thorough and goal-oriented client treatments plans, completes ASAM, assessments, and progress notes in accordance with current state and county regulations and statutes, and with Telecare Corporation's policies and procedures
• Provides specialized services and interventions related to substance use/addictive disorders, including thematic groups, evidence-based practices, and collaboration with external agencies and resources
• Participates in all case conferences and in collaboration with other professionals overseeing the client's case; and links clients to resources in the community
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Helps create a recovery environment through interactions with staff and members served
• Demonstrates knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
• Responds to emergency/crisis situations
• Collects urine samples from members served, as assigned
• Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits
• Coordinates transitions to lower levels of care
• Assists with outings for members served by driving Program van and/or own vehicle
• Adheres to 42 CFR policies and all other Telecare policies and procedures
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Registered Alcohol and Drug Technician (RADT) as approved by DHCS the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) and the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) and one (1) year experience as RADT in an AOD program
• Must maintain active status of certification and continuing education as required by licensing board
• Within two (2) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
• Demonstrated sensitivity to behavioral health issues and multi-cultural populations (e.g., exposure through family relationships, volunteering, or other previous experience(s) or coursework)
• Strong focus and passion to provide excellent customer service
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Associate or Bachelors' degree
• One (1) year experience working within a Medi-Cal certified program
• Knowledge of the needs of individuals diagnosed with co-occurring disorders and substance abuse
• Knowledge of basic psychiatric rehabilitation terminology and interventions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated a bility to work effectively within a team as well as alone
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetitive and dexterity, as well as driving, exposure to uneven walking ground, and hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.