Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family,Partners in Wellness is a program for adults, ages 18+, diagnosed with a Serious Mental Illness (SMI) and who have high utilization of county psychiatric services. Services are clinic and community-based.
Shift:AM, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
*$2500 Sign-On Bonus!!!*
Coordinates service needs and collaborates with other services and agencies. Completes assessments and determines the appropriate level of services for new members served.
• Master’s degree in Social Sciences
• One (1) year of experience in mental health services
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Experience in a mental health setting, outpatient clinic, dual diagnosis treatment, or community mental health service
• Experience in providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Collaborates with members served to create Recovery Plan goals
• Ensures all services described in the Recovery Plan are provided
• Works effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Abides by and maintains compliance with Policy & Procedures
• Collaborates with member’s served to create treatment plan goals, facilitate groups, interpret and implement service plans independently
• Provides appropriate interventions in crisis situations
• On a rotating basis, performs officer of the day functions
• Collects required data and complete required documentation
• Makes appropriate recommendations for living environments, therapy, psychiatrist visits, case management and other services
• Documents and communicate member’s served interactions
• Provides support to team through direct assignment by supervisor
• May be required to be on-call for crisis situations on a rotational basis
• Coordinates discharge planning
• Performs assessments and creates relevant treatment plans
• Ability to diagnose accurately
• Performs crisis assessment for proper level of care determination
• Performs discharge planning, as needed
• Maintains awareness of community resources and assists members served in appropriate use of community resources
• Assists members served with all needs, including Activities of Daily Living
• Assists members served in making and getting to essential appointments
• Assists and advocates for members served in obtaining appropriate benefits
• Ensures that members served understand their legal status and rights
• Helps members served achieve greater independence and autonomy
• Safeguards confidentiality
• Provides transportation when needed and appropriate
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• Possess thorough understanding of members served rights and understanding of mental health legal processes
• Possess effective written and verbal communication
• Good computer/technology skills
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Maintain recovery culture
• Maintain members served engagement and ability to hold hope in the face of diversity
• Ability to drive
• Ability to easily build rapport
• Ability to be patient and mindful
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
• Within 3 months o employment, ability to apply financial requirement for billing and learn billing codes
• Ability to discern between the different stages of change
• Ability to sue Motivational Interviewing skills
• Familiarity with the 12 step program or other similar programs
• Ability to focus on assigned tasks on the midst of rapidly changing needs
• Demonstrate ability for multi-tasking and time management skills
• Complete due diligence in process of seeking an implementing needed improvements
• Apply the \u0022Golden Thread\u0022 when creating and documenting services.
• Empathy, Listening Skills, boundary setting
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and power grasping. The position requires driving and frequent hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.