Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 250 employees in the following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Partial remote is an option for this role.
The Solutions Architect/Developer will operationalize strategic objectives through the architecture and implementation of high-quality enterprise solutions.
You will be an integral part of Telecare’s special projects IT team. We are a fun, hardworking “swiss army knife” team that believes in modern development practices and team collaboration. We aspire to build tools and integrate systems that are flexible, scalable, and make a direct difference in how our doctors, clinicians, and staff provide care and support to thousands of patients daily.
In this role, you will be responsible to gather requirements, design solutions, implement, and provide service delivery to the customer 's enterprise solutions/services within a highly dynamic and challenging environment. You will also be responsible to build new tools and systems, integrate internal and external systems, enable & perform data analysis, data integration using a variety of tools, technologies, and frameworks, including Web Services/APIs, ASP.Net MVC, C#, .Net Core, jQuery, Angular, SQL Server, SQL SSIS, SAP BI, SAP Data Services, Qlik, Smartsheet, Microsoft O365 services and other supporting technologies.
• A BS or equivalent in Computer Science, or relevant course work and at least seven years of demonstrated work experience successfully delivering complex enterprise solutions
• Experience in Web and Mobile App development
• Experience working as a leader or with delivery responsibility in high paced information technology environments
• Experience working in all phases of solution design and delivery
• Demonstrated ability to solve complex business problems
• Experience in vendor management, or demonstrated ability to influence vendor strategy, or commensurate experience leading health information user-community
• Demonstrated ability to deliver a quality solution to address complex business challenges
• Demonstrated domain expertise in UI/UC design, Clinical Informatics, Electronic Health Records and Data Warehousing
• Broad understandings of Infrastructure / Service Provisioning technical topics including Database and Server Administrations, Network Administrations, Security Framework, and aspects of IT Operations using the ITIL Methodology
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Works with IS leadership, organizational stakeholders, and customers to understand business challenges; works with IS leadership to formulate relevant strategy
• Provides overall technical leadership, design, and oversight to strategic IT programs and projects such as Data Management and Whole Person Care
• Application Management Services: Provides complete operations services for application management, custom development, and business process outsourcing for clients; develops the post implementation go-live support environment, constructs the transition plan from the project team to the support team, and supports and maintains the client applications and technology infrastructure; develops and champions a vision that reflects the strategic goals of the IS organization
• Creates, manages, and oversees tactical plans to operationalize vision
• Takes direct responsibility for end-to-end oversight and execution of key health information system projects to ensure they satisfy Telecare and customer requirements
• Partners with Manager of Special Projects to prioritize activities and to define/procure internal and external resources to deliver a quality end-product; May require managing a small project team, or in larger projects, working in concert with project manager(s) to drive an initiative to completion
• Builds and develops external relationships with customers and business partners to influence strategy, direction, and goals
• Works closely with internal and external stakeholders (project managers, business analysts) to execute tactical plans
• Directs ownership of tasks (including hands-on completion of key tasks as required)
• Develops standards, processes, and protocols for solution development and delivery at Telecare
• Serves as subject matter expert for the troubleshooting of complex business issues
• Acts as a point of escalation in vetting business requirements
• Proactively manages and monitors the administration, performance, and capacity requirements of enterprise solutions; makes recommendations as needed to avoid issues
• Provides leadership and mentorship to junior members of a team; ensures solutions are developed in accordance with sustainable/reliable practices and standards
• Documents effectively to ensure sustainability of solutions
• Ensures that problems are prioritized and addressed in a timely manner and status is communicated to affected users and IS Management
• Develops, maintains, and updates project plans
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the program
• Available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve limited travel
• Leads projects from conception to completion
• Manages in-house and contracted staff to ensure timelines and project goals are met
• Establishes staffing requirements and makes recommendations to administration with respect to the number and classification of personnel to be employed; has responsibility for managing enhancement and new development projects through all phases
• Develops functional and design specification based on technical requirements
• Leads specification reviews
• Manages and carries out software implementations and quality assurance efforts to ensure smooth transitions to new or updated software
• Decides on tactics to use to elicit requirements, answer open questions, and engage business users
• Designs technology solutions and performs technology selection analysis
• Implements, tests, and delivers technology solutions
• Provides last-tier customer support for future and existing technology solutions
• Coordinates IS projects and their resource requirements with other departments; in the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost-effective use of personnel, supplies, and equipment; identifies and resolves issues preventing project from making progress and communicates issues and project status to management as needed
• Aggressively yet diplomatically manages external vendors to ensure deliverables are met per agreements
• Communicates technical matters clearly
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to engage and influence business (C-level) and technical audiences, including senior leaders and other architects
• Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
• Ability to work collaboratively in a multi-discipline team
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to effectively deal with a variety of diverse personalities and different constituencies
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach, do simple grasping, and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, and to occasionally drive. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.