Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Telecare El Dorado County Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 16-bed locked hospital facility providing acute inpatient psychiatric treatment to adults aged 18+, diagnosed with a serious mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-time
The Social Work Clinician III independently provides clinical and casework services to members served and natural supports. This involves person centered recovery planning and collaborating with other services and agencies. May act in the role of a clinical supervisor of unlicensed staff.
• Master's Degree in Social Work, psychology, or equivalent from an accredited college or university
• Two (2) years of direct service experience in a behavioral health setting
• Licensure (LMFT, LCSW, Licensed Psychologist, LPCC, QMHP, QMHA)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting
• Two (2) years of post-licensure experience in order to provide clinical supervision to license eligible staff
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Conducts psychosocial assessments, treatment planning, group and individual clinical service, case coordination, and documentation
• Independently completes clinical assessments
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Ensures provision of needed clinical services to assigned members served
• Coordinates ongoing treatment within the program and with outside agencies
• Provides individual and group therapy
• Documents all treatment provided in a thorough and consistent manner
• Collaborates with other staff in the discharge planning process and makes linkages to community services for members served
• Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and recovery planning meetings
• Demonstrates knowledge of de-escalation techniques and crisis communication and management
• Serves as a clinical consultant to recovery team members
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to complete social histories, risk assessments, mental health status exams, and plans of care
• Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and rehabilitation therapists
• Ability to form a therapeutic alliance with members served and families
• Sufficient medical knowledge to assess the needs of members served
• Skills in conducting group therapy
• Ability to advocate for the members served in other health delivery systems
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, bend, push, pull, squat, kneel, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach, twist, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.