Fontana | California | United States
Established in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations to empower thousands of individuals with mental illness every day in their journeys of recovery.Telecare operates 100 programs with over 3200 employees and offers full time staff a comprehensive benefit package.
As part of the Telecare family, the Telecare San Bernardino Crisis Residential Treatment Center will offer 24/7 voluntary residential treatment to individuals ages 18 and above who are suffering a mental health crisis but wish to avoid a locked setting. This project’s primary goal will be to stabilize individuals in acute crises to eliminate or shorten the need for inpatient hospitalization.
Employment Status:Short Hour (two days a week)
Shift:AM, PM, NOC available
Days:Mostly Weekends, other days possible
Under supervision of a licensed clinician, the Social Work Clinician II provides clinical and casework services to persons served and natural supports. This involves person centered recovery planning and collaborating with other services and agencies.
- One (1) year of direct service experience with mentally ill individuals
-A Master’s Degree in Social Work or related field and working towards licensure and registered with the Board of Behavioral Science
-Ability to assist with restraint of clients in the event of assaultive behavior
-Ability to pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
- Requires CPR/First Aid certified on date of employment and remain current throughout employment
- All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred.
- Bilingual is highly preferred
- Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
- Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Works with persons served and multidisciplinary treatment teams to design, implement and evaluate the Recovery Plan
- Under clinical supervision, establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with persons served.
- Assures provision of needed clinical services to assigned persons served. Coordinates ongoing treatment within the program and with outside agencies.
- Provides individual and group therapy.
- Documents all treatment provided in a thorough and consistent manner. Collaborates with other staff in the discharge planning process and makes linkages to community services for persons served.
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and recovery planning meetings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of de-escalation techniques, crisis communication and management.
- Serves as a clinical consultant to the recovery team persons served.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
? Ability to complete social histories, risk assessments, mental health status exams and plans of care.
? Ability to work collaboratively with physicians, nurses and rehabilitation therapists ? Ability to form a therapeutic alliance with persons served and families
? Sufficient medical knowledge to assess the needs of persons served, skills in conducting group therapy and the ability to advocate for the persons served in other health delivery systems.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, reach, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual repetitions and deviations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.