Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family La Casa Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC) is a 190-bed program providing assistance to adults 18 and older.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Days: Monday - Friday
Under supervision of a licensed clinician, the Social Work Clinician I provides general casework services to members served and natural supports. This involves person-centered recovery planning and collaborating with other services and agencies.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or psychology from an accredited college or university
• Demonstrated experience with behavioral health services
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Identifies and plans for psychosocial needs of members served
• Works with members served and multidisciplinary treatment teams to design, implement, and evaluate the Recovery Plan
• Provides education to members served and family members regarding mental health conditions and treatment options
• Has responsibility discharge planning, including:
o Assessing readiness for discharge of members served in coordination with the recovery/treatment/service team
o Making appropriate referrals for placement, case management, and aftercare services, as assigned
o Coordinating with the Business Office to ensure that benefits and finances of members served are in order, as assigned
o Developing and maintaining an awareness of community resources
• Assures that members served know and understand their legal status and rights;tracks legal status on all assigned members served
• Provides consultation to members served and their families regarding issues arising from the admission, discharge, and/or aftercare plan
•Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving)
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served
• Understanding of the conservatorship process
• Knowledge of basic medical and psychiatric terminology
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, walk, bend, push, pull, squat, kneel, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach, twist, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.