Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 170 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 200 employees in following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Employment Status: Full Time
The Senior Systems Analyst - Revenue Cycle provides a diverse range of tactical services to ensure the delivery and maintenance of the Behavioral Health Information System (Avatar) as well as Telecare’s clearinghouse, (Ability Network). The position gathers requirements, designs/redesigns business processes, configures/reconfigures Avatar, troubleshoots and escalates issues, provides training to Start Up program and Revenue Cycle staff, and provides support to programs and corporate staff to ensure high quality Revenue Cycle operations. This position works closely with Revenue Cycle and BHIS leadership. As the subject matter expert representing Revenue Cycle, the position uses their financial/billing knowledge to analyze best practices and make recommendations for business/operational procedures. The Senior System Analyst – Revenue Cycle is intimately involved with implementation, start up, and application support across all lines of business.
· Bachelor’s degree or 6 years’ experience with progressive responsibilities in an EHR Revenue Cycle environment
· Two (2) years of billing/collection experience, with an emphasis in Revenue Cycle such as American National Standards Institute (ANSI)x12,837,835 transaction sets, including implementation, training and testing
· Ability to work independently to identify root cause, propose and implement appropriate solution
· Experience with Revenue Cycle system design, documentation, training, and implementation
· Proficient with data 837 and 835 configuration
· Ability to effectively train Revenue Cycle material to program and Revenue Cycle staff
· Ability to develop, document and maintain internal control systems in conjunction with BHIS system of ANSIx12 transaction sets.
· Ability to understand complex reimbursement contracts
· Ability to work and communicate effectively with program staff, management staff, Government representatives, payers, and customers
· Proven ability to successfully lead a project team, consisting of Telecare and non-Telecare staff, on company initiatives
· Superior knowledge/experience in full revenue cycle, from admissions to collections
· Proficient in Excel
· Ability to translate payer Companion Guides to functional 837 (billing) and 835 (payment) file formats
· Knowledge of and experience with claims, intermediaries and clearing houses
· EHR experience with reporting requirements and report development
· A valid state driver 's license and proof of insurance is required
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
· Multi facility environment experience
· Psychiatric hospital or other mental health environment experience
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
· Serves as subject matter expert for the troubleshooting of complex business issues and as a point of escalation in vetting business requirements
· Carries out requirements gathering, testing, and troubleshooting of issues in a diligent manner with the highest standards of quality
· Trains Program staff at Start Up programs and Revenue Cycle staff
· Creates and maintains training documentation, leads efforts to create and maintain recorded training material
· Follows documented procedure guides and insures detailed, quality data
· Adheres to standards, processes, and protocols for Senior Analysts at Telecare
· Participates in setting direction and developing standards to support the Revenue Cycle Department
· Leads the testing of new software applications and ensures all lines of business are not adversely affected by system changes
· Provides Avatar technical support for programs as it relates to Revenue Cycle
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills including the ability to understand complex companion guides and translating into functional 837 and 835s.
· Excellent computer literacy and demonstrated capacity to work with sophisticated automated billing systems
· Proficient with Excel
· Excellent root cause analysis, leadership, and training skills
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is constantly required to sit and occasionally required to stand, walk, reach, twist, bend, and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.