Alameda | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 108 programs and over 3,500 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 200 employees in the following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
Employment Status: Full Time
In close coordination with the Payroll Manager, the Senior Payroll Specialist participates in all aspects of the bi-weekly payroll cycle. The Senior Payroll Specialist ensures compliance with Telecare procedures as well as union, state, and federal regulations.
• Ten (10) years of payroll experience, including progressive responsibilities
• Demonstrated experience with payroll systems and processes for a medium to large organization
• Knowledge of methods, practices, and principals of payroll preparation and processing
• Experience with financial record keeping, including accounting theories as applied to payroll transactions
• Experience with UltiPro (preferred) and automated time and attendance systems, such as Kronos Timekeeper
• Computer literacy with proficiency in Excel and Word. Kronos, BI and UltiPro experience highly preferred
• Experience with multi-state garnishment and wage levy processing
• Necessary skills include the ability to work with minimal direction and the ability to effectively organize work, including a broad knowledge of accounting/general office procedures and the ability to follow detailed complex instructions
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance are required. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Business Administration, Payroll Certification or related work/business experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with internal and external departmental staff, as demonstrated by the ability to communicate policies and procedures clearly
• Strong research, critical thinking, problem-solving, and organizational skills
• Ability to strategically prioritize payroll and multiple projects as necessary
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides support in all areas of payroll cycle as needed, including processing bi-weekly payroll, garnishments and levies, manual checks/adjustments, LOA payment integration, and Kronos timekeeping review and audit
• Assists in review and updating of all payroll policies and procedures to maximize the efficiency of the payroll cycle
• Assists in special projects designed to streamline systems and workflow
• Ensures policies and procedures are followed for the timely generation of payroll (i.e. timely accurate paychecks are issued in accordance with state and federal regulations)
• Remains current with federal, state, rulings by studying existing, and new legislation (e.g. APA, seminars/webinars)
• Keeps abreast of system upgrades and assists with special projects and testing
• Assists with accurate and timely quarter and year-end tax reconciliation and reporting
• Handles escalated customer service issues while keeping Payroll Manager informed;
• Assists Payroll Specialists with questions and workflow as needed in the absence of the Payroll Manager
• Relates with others in a positive and professional manner so that maximum job results are produced
• Maintains payroll schedule/calendar for processing in coordination with Telecare and bank holidays
• Demonstrates the ability to make sound decisions while keeping manager informed
• Compose a variety of correspondence and reports, which requires judgment regarding content, accuracy, and completeness
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit and to do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.