Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illnesses. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 250 employees in the following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Partial remote work is an option. The corporate office is in Alameda CA.
Provides support for network infrastructure including analysis, planning, design, development, implementation, management, and maintenance of Telecare's WAN/LAN environment and supporting services. Provides input and recommendations for Information Systems Leadership on network and security best practices. Performs related duties as required.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Provides technical expertise and platform leadership in areas of WAN, LAN, VPN, and firewall technologies
• Configures and troubleshoots network equipment such as routers and network security appliances
• Configures, implements, and troubleshoots a variety of Cisco hardware/software products, including: VPN concentrators, firewalls, routers, WLAN, and switches
• Assists in the management of other data, server, and security systems as dictated by the environment
• Monitors status of Wide Area Network and works with internet providers and program staff to resolve any connectivity issues
• Provides second (2) level support on help desk calls involving network and server issues
• Develops tactical and strategic plans, standards, guidelines, and policies for the network resources based on growth, trends, available metrics, etc.
• Coordinates change planning and formal change control process to systems in order to eliminate customer impact and to ensure that availability SLAs are met
• Undertakes project planning and documentation, as required
• Participates as a team member and provides input by reporting observations and concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Collaborates with consultants, vendors, and Telecare staff to implement special projects
• Collaborates with Network Technicians
• Takes a lead role in training and mentoring Network Administrators; writes procedures; closely interfaces with and gives the training to support staff
• Provides Second (2)/Third (3) Level Help Desk ticket resolution, including supporting the business 7x24x365 and providing on-call support, as needed
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies
• Demonstrates good judgment, decision making, and initiative in performing daily tasks
• Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale
• Communicates technical matters clearly to management, peers, and customers
• Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements as necessary
• Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities
• Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare 's customers including members served, families, and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct
• Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and fellow employees
• Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments and meets expected deadlines
• Works independently and establishes priorities
• Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance
• Attends all assigned in-service education classes
• Stays current with latest technical findings, new products, and software enhancements through trade journals, attendance at seminars, and other means
• Acts as a mentor for junior team members and help desk team members
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Verbal and written communication skills: must be able to articulate technical issues & solutions and produce clear, concise written documentation.
Three or more years of VOIP and wireless networking knowledge.
Experience in SDWAN technology like Velocloud.
Three or more years of FortiGate experience.
Experience with VMware, Microsoft Azure, and data backups a plus.
CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) Certification
• Must have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, bend, push, pull, reach, squat, kneel, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to constantly do simple hand/wrist repetitions and do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.