Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illnesses. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 250 employees in the following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Remote opportunity in Oregon or Washington
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Senior Financial Analyst is primarily responsible for the development of annual Telecare operational budgets and the research and investigation of budget issues.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Prepares budgets and monthly and annual cost reports
• Works closely with Program Administrators and the corporate finance group in the analysis of monthly financial and operational results
• Prepares budget information for Requests for Proposals and other development projects
• Provides financial audit support to external auditors
• Assists the finance department in various accounting issues as they arise
• Provides detailed analysis of complex contractual issues by quantifying and articulating the financial impact of operational plans and customer requirements
• Initiates projects to enhance budgetary and reimbursement processes
• Other ad-hoc analyses as needed
• Identifies and leads process improvement projects including budget system enhancements
• Demonstrates good judgment, decision making, and initiative at performing daily tasks
• Demonstrates the ability to identify crucial issues in contracts and proposals and to determine appropriate actions to be taken
• Takes initiative in independently contacting internal and external customers regarding contract or budget issues where appropriate
• Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team including Program Administrators and corporate finance staff; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale
• Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare 's customers including clients/residents, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct
• Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and fellow employees
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management
Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• A strong foundation in accounting and budgeting concepts
• Four to Six (4-6) years of experience in budgeting, variance analysis and planning for a multi-facility organization
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive and concise analysis
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Healthcare experience
• Excellent analytical skills
• Intermediate to Advanced practical Excel skills including lookup and pivot tables
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach, do simple grasping, and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to constantly sit. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.