Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Full Time; DAYS Shift; Days vary as needed
Wage range $89,132.68 - $131,087.84 - Telecare applies geographic differentials to its pay ranges. The pay range assigned to this role will be based on the geographic location from which the role is performed. Starting pay is commensurate with relevant experience above the minimum requirements.
The RN Regional Staffing Coordinator serves as the Regional Float Pool Manager for Telecare's Ventura and Santa Maria programs and facilities. The Regional Float Pool/Staffing Coordinator recruits and supports RNs, LVNs/LPTs and Mental Health Workers who work in multiple. The Regional Float Pool/Staffing Coordinator works closely with respective program leadership as well as our scheduling team to ensure adequate and effective staffing levels. This position can work remotely.
• Registered Nurse license in CA required
• Two (2) years of psychiatric direct care nursing or related field experience and at least two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role or one (1) year and completion of Telecare assigned Supervisory training within six (6) months in lieu of supervisory experience.
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Applies management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, and frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement.
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments.
• Provides functional and administrative supervision for assigned professional, para-professional, support staff
• Supports the recruitment, selection and on-boarding of regional on-call pool employees.
• Consults with the other regional and program leadership regarding staffing and methods of improving the delivery of services.
• Coordinates, along with the Staffing & Scheduler Supervisor, the efforts of different programs in the region to meet the staffing needs. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes cost effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment.
• Partners with Central Staffing Team to assist in utilizing external registry and agency staff.
• Exercises independent judgment and discretion to provide day-to-day supervision of designated staff members, including:
o Participating in the recruitment and selection of new staff members
o Collaborates with on-site leadership to direct staff in the performance of their job duties
o Training and coaching staff
o Evaluating job performance
o Overseeing disciplinary process as needed for performance issues
• May assist on-site leadership in providing clinical assistance/oversight of staff performing case management and care coordination.
• May need to be available on a 24-hour basis in the event of an emergency.
• May collaborate with the other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the programs in the region.
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• Demonstrated skill in leadership and supervision.
• Ability to review and implement Recovery/Treatment plans.
• Ability to administer oral and injectable medications.
• Ability to provide input by reporting observations and concerns and ask appropriate questions.
• Ability to implement crisis de-escalation techniques.
• Knowledge of Infection Control policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated knowledge of crisis management and intervention.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, bend, squat, kneel, twist, reach, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently stand and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.