Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, t he Santa Cruz County Crisis Stabilization Program (CSP) is a locked crisis program. It serves youths up to the age of 18 admitted involuntarily, and adults, aged 18+ admitted both voluntarily and involuntarily. The length of stay is up to 23 hours.
Sign On Bonus: $10,000
Employment Status: Full-Time
Days: Monday - Friday
The Program Director RN manages the day-to-day operation of the Program. A focus of this position is on compliance with all appropriate regulations and standards, in addition to actively overseeing the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement and Utilization Review programs. S/he acts as a Privacy Contact and provides a safe and therapeutic environment for individuals experiencing an acute emergency related to a mental health disorder.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls all departments within the Program
• Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance, and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the Program
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
• Evaluates and implements recommendations from Program committees such as the Utilization Review, Pharmaceutical Services, Infection Control, and Client Care committees
• Informs the appropriate regulatory agencies within 24-hours of all unusual occurrences
• Develops and maintains up-to-date policy and procedure manuals
• Supervises all Department Heads and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
• Assist as needed at other Telecare Programs, which may involve limited travel
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives
• Develops and implements an effective public relations program
• Establishes staffing requirements for all departments and recommends to corporate administration the number and classification of personnel to be employed; directs the recruitment, selection, and when necessary disciplinary action within the Program
• Establishes and maintains the job specifications and descriptions for administrative personnel
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Ensures that the Program is in compliance with all related state, federal, and local licensing regulations and requirements for psychiatric health facilities; informs appropriate staff of the applicable additions, deletions, and changes in regulations
• Ensures adherence to Member Served Rights as determined by corporate policy and governmental regulations
• Establishes and defines standards that ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
• Assesses the quality of care rendered by the Program and ensures sound practice
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Program, which includes frequent collaboration among all departments, employee education, a focus on monitoring Program standards, and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality care
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Two (2) years of experience in health care administration and supervision
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a BA or BS in health administration or a related field, OR four (4) years of experience in progressively responsible supervisory/leadership positions in a psychiatric or long-term health care setting
• Current valid licensure as an RN in the state of California
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Knowledge and experience in a psychiatric treatment milieu
• Strong management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong knowledge of labor relations
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.