Long Beach | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
As a part of the Telecare Family, La Casa is licensed as a 190-bed Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC), providing assistance to adults with serious mental illness. La Casa offers evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation for individuals who would otherwise be in a state hospital or acute care facility.
Employment Status: Short-Hour .4
Shift: AM as needed
Days:Varies as needed and alternate weekends
The RN Facility Supervisor implements and supervises the overall direct nursing care provided by the nursing department on their designated shift. This involves coordinating, evaluating and monitoring all aspects of members served care. The RN Facility Supervisor supervises other RNs on the shift. In addition, the RN Facility Supervisor supervises the LVN Supervisors of the respective shift.
• Two (2) years of psychiatric direct care nursing experience and at least two (2) years of experience in a supervisory role
• Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the State of California
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Current knowledge of psychiatric illnesses, regulatory requirements regarding the delivery of health care to persons with mental illness, and infection control requirements
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, and frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
• Supervises the LVN Supervisors on the respective shift
• Works with other shifts to assure accurate and complete documentation in the medical record and timely referral to the attending physician
• Is available as needed in the event of an emergency on a 24-hour basis
• Collaborates with the other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the programs in the region
• Knowledge of Infection Control policies and procedures
• May assist the Director of Nursing, if requested, in the recruitment, selection and when necessary, disciplinary action of nursing department employees
• Evaluates the performance of the LVN Supervisors
• Consults with the DON regarding staffing and methods of improving the delivery of services
• Coordinates the efforts of the Nursing Department with other departments. In the process of accomplishing this, promotes cost effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment.
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Skill in leadership and supervision
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, walk, bend, squat, kneel, twist, reach, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently stand and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.