Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As one of the recovery-oriented programs in the Telecare family, this 6 bed Crisis Residential Program, is part of a network of crisis residential programs in Orange County. Tree House North is a short-term crisis residential program, which works in collaboration with the Orange County Health Care Authority (OCHCA). It will assist members within Orange County who are experiencing acute mental health crisis, and need additional assistance in stabilizing their current level of functioning without resulting in the member being admitted to any Inpatient or higher level of care facility or program. The program is staffed by a multidisciplinary team that focuses on stabilization and recovery.
Employment Status: On Call
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
The Residential Counselor provides direct and indirect services to both individuals and groups of members served.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Provides case management, schedules appointments, communicates with conservators and treatment teams, arranges and conducts group outings and activities
• Provides daily living assistance including promoting and assisting members served in developing self-help skills
• Orders, logs and distributes medication
• Maintains the inventory and orders equipment and supplies for activity programs, as directed
• Drives members served in the Program van on outings
• Completes incident reports and forwards to Supervisor in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Notifies appropriate agencies of any known or observed incidents of abuse
• Assists with admissions and discharges
• Provides medical assistance: takes temperatures, blood pressure, pulse and provides First Aid when needed
• Observes, records and reports members served behavior as per applicable State, County and Telecare guidelines
• Reviews and implements members served service plans
• Actively participates in team meetings and service planning meetings as directed
• Demonstrates knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
• Responds to emergency/crisis situations
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record) and driving personal vehicle for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
• At least one (1) year of direct service experience in a mental health setting
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Associates' Degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of psychiatric treatment modalities
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, twist, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, push, pull and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.