Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, TAO is a Full Service Partnership in Orange County, CA for 240 adults (age 18+), with a serious mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Residential Coordinator provides services to members served, both on an individual and group basis.
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Attend all pre-authorization meetings and interviews with members served
• Attends and participates in members served meetings and groups
• Coordinates and provides treatment services as assigned, including:
1. Developing a schedule of therapeutic activities with and for members served
2. Coordinating and monitoring daily activities
3. Coordinating members served special activities
4. Conduct initial orientation
• Leads and co-leads therapeutic groups
• Participates in the development of the Master Treatment Plan
• Completes incident reports and forwards to Administrator in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions
• Reviews and implements service plans
• Actively participates and facilitates in team meetings and service planning meetings
• Demonstrates knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
• Report changes in members served income immediately
• Track and report outcome data
• Notifies appropriate agencies of any known or observed incidents of abuse
• Observes, records and reports members served social, ADL and psychiatric behavior
• Completes the service plan, including assessing the members served educational and vocational needs
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies, including:
1. Actively participating in maintaining the inventory and ordering of equipment and supplies
2. Maintaining order and cleanliness in the Activity Rooms
3. Monitoring the upkeep and safety of equipment and supplies
• Promotes and assists members served in developing self-help skills
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety). Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• One (1) year of experience in a psychiatric setting
• A B.S./B.A. or M.S./M.A. in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy or Vocational Counseling or related fields
• Valid California Class B driver's license
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, twist, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, push, pull and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.