Official job title for this position is Residential Counselor
TELL ME ABOUT THE COMPANY...
Telecare is a behavioral health company that has been around since the late 1960s. After all of these years, we still have a family feel. We are a group of compassionate, hard working, dedicated mental health workers who want to make a different and serve some of the most disenfranchised and vulnerable individuals in our communities. We specialize in serving adults that have severe and persistent mental illness. Our member participants have had hard lives, many suffering from young childhood traumas, and they now suffer from homelessness, alcohol and drug addiction, food insecurity, justice involved history, comorbidities and more. We are looking for job seekers who have the 'roll up your sleeves and get the job done ' mentality. Many days we have to go the extra mile to ensure our members have their needs met. It is hard work but we come together each day to serve our members and walk alongside them on their Recovery Journey. Ready to make a difference? Join our team today!
Multi-cultural. Multi-generational. Multi-ethnic.
Multidisciplinary teams working together to help some of the most disenfranchised, stigmatized and ostracized members of our community. Telecare 's mission is to deliver excellent and effective behavioral health services that engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams .
WHAT 'S YOUR COMPENSATION?
A quote from a staff member...
"Before I started working at Telecare I thought that I was nonjudgmental, that I truly cared for all peoples and treated everyone the same. But when I came to Telecare I realized I had not always treated individuals with SMI the way I would want to be treated. Some of our members suffer from severe, severe schizophrenia. It causes them to hear voices, have delusional thoughts, they can have lesser than hygiene etiquette, strong odor, and I didn 't know how to interact with them. But after working at Telecare for several years, I understand how I should treat them: like they are my mother, my sister, my uncle, my best friend, my colleagues. I treat them with respect and dignity, with individuality and kindness. I am a better person today then I was when I started. And I am forever grateful."
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Residential Counselor provides direct and indirect services to both individuals and groups of members served.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Provides case management, schedules appointments, communicates with conservators and treatment teams, arranges and conducts group outings and activities
• Provides daily living assistance including promoting and assisting members served in developing self-help skills
• Orders, logs and distributes medication
• Maintains the inventory and orders equipment and supplies for activity programs, as directed
• Drives members served in the Program van on outings
• Completes incident reports and forwards to Supervisor in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Notifies appropriate agencies of any known or observed incidents of abuse
• Assists with admissions and discharges
• Provides medical assistance: takes temperatures, blood pressure, pulse and provides First Aid when needed
• Observes, records and reports members served behavior as per applicable State, County and Telecare guidelines
• Reviews and implements members served service plans
• Actively participates in team meetings and service planning meetings as directed
• Demonstrates knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
• Responds to emergency/crisis situations
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
• At least one (1) year of direct service experience in a mental health setting, lived experience counts (you have helped to serve someone in your life through their own story of recovery with mental health)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Knowledge of psychiatric treatment modalities
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, twist, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, push, pull and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.