Rehabilitation Therapist - (Full Time) - Shelton WA - Inpatient - 264
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
The Telecare Shelton Evaluation and Treatment (E&T) center will provide intensive mental health and psychiatric treatment services in a secure, welcoming and respectful environment for adults experiencing an acute mental health emergency. Telecare currently operates E&T’s in Thurston, Clark, Skagit, Grays Harbor, and Pierce counties, and looks forward to adding the Shelton community to our family.
We believe recovery starts from within, and that our job is to do whatever it takes to provide the support you need on the journey to recovery in a comfortable, structured environment. Our 16-bed facility includes wraparound support from a multidisciplinary staff who constantly engage with members to maintain a safe environment.
Under supervision, the Rehabilitation Therapist provides rehabilitation therapy services to members served, both on an individual and group basis.
Employment Status: Full Time (5, 8-hour shifts)
• B.S./B.A. in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy, or Vocational Counseling (Must meet any regulatory requirements for the use of these titles, specific to the program type or location)
• Six (6) months of experience in a behavioral health setting
• Discipline certification or licensure may be required per program licensure or accrediting body requirements
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• MA/MS in Occupational, Recreational, Music, Dance, Drama or Art Therapy or Vocational Counseling
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Coordinates and provides rehabilitation treatment services for assigned members served, including leading and co-leading therapeutic groups, developing therapeutic activities and writing group descriptions, and scheduling therapeutic activities in collaboration with members served when possible
• Coordinates outings for members served and supervises them on outings; may require driving van on outings
• Coordinates special events
• Facilitates community meetings and groups
• Provides clinical supervision for Rehabilitation Activity Leaders, interns, and volunteers, as directed
• Participates in the planning of the Rehabilitation Program
• Participates in the development of Recovery Plans
• Completes assigned sections of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), annual comprehensive assessments, and assessments that accompany changes of condition
• Documents observations and assessments, as required
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with the restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to observe, assess, record and report social, ADL, and psychiatric behavior of members served
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist, reach, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, as well as to occasionally drive and be exposed to the uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.