Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Garfield Neurobehavioral Center is a 56-bed Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) providing medical, nursing and rehabilitative services to individuals who have a neurobehavioral illness as well as a mental illness.Garfield primarily serves adults between the ages of 18-64.
Employment Status: On-Call
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
The Rehabilitation Activity Leader plans and facilitates direct and indirect rehabilitation services for both individuals and groups.
• One (1) year of direct service experience in a mental health setting
• High School graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent and California Driver’s License (Class ‘C’) and insurability
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• AA Degree in a related field
• Experience working with adults with serious mental illness and/or adults with developmental disabilities
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care
• Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served and acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude in problem-solving and coping with the disabilities associated with mental illness
• Leads/co leads therapeutic activity groups
• Attends shift report and assists in providing unit supervision as needed
• Maintains the inventory and orders equipment and supplies for activity programs, as directed
• Maintains order and cleanliness of the Activity Rooms
• Promotes and assists members served in developing self-help skills
• Completes incident reports and forwards to Administrator in compliance with established policies and procedures
• Notifies appropriate agencies of any known or observed incidents of abuse as required by law
• Reviews and implements members served service plans
• Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings, as directed
• Demonstrates knowledge of Pro-Act principles and uses Pro-Act concepts to manage aggressive behavior
• Observes, records and reports members served social and psychiatric behavior
•Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of psychiatric treatment modalities
• Ability to read, write and speak English
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.