Telecare is a behavioral health company that has been around since the late 1960s. After all of these years, we still have a family feel. We are a group of compassionate, hard working, dedicated mental health workers who want to make a different and serve some of the most disenfranchised and vulnerable individuals in our communities. We specialize in serving adults that have severe and persistent mental illness. Our member participants have had hard lives, many suffering from young childhood traumas, and they now suffer from homelessness, alcohol and drug addiction, food insecurity, justice involved history, comorbidities and more. We are looking for job seekers who have the 'roll up your sleeves and get the job done ' mentality. Many days we have to go the extra mile to ensure our members have their needs met. It is hard work but we come together each day to serve our members and walk alongside them on their Recovery Journey. Ready to make a difference? Join our team today!
WHAT 'S YOUR COMPENSATION?
A quote from a staff member...
"Before I started working at Telecare I thought that I was nonjudgmental, that I truly cared for all peoples and treated everyone the same. But when I came to Telecare I realized I had not always treated individuals with SMI the way I would want to be treated. Some of our members suffer from severe, severe schizophrenia. It causes them to hear voices, have delusional thoughts, they can have lesser than hygiene etiquette, strong odor, and I didn 't know how to interact with them. But after working at Telecare for several years, I understand how I should treat them: like they are my mother, my sister, my uncle, my best friend, my colleagues. I treat them with respect and dignity, with individuality and kindness. I am a better person today then I was when I started. And I am forever grateful."
Employment Status: Full Time
Shift: 8:30am - 5pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Regional Health Information Operations Manager is responsible for supporting the functions of Clinical Information Management Services.
• Credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), through the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
• Minimum of six (6) years of experience in the management of behavioral health clinical records across all levels of care including, but not limited to: acute, sub-acute, inpatient, and skilled nursing and community programs in the past 5 years
• If non-credentialed; a minimum of ten (10) years' experience in the management of behavioral health clinical records across all levels of care including, but not limited to i.e. acute and sub-acute inpatient, skilled nursing and community programs in the past with the additional requirement of obtaining RHIT or RHIA credential within 2 years
• Knowledge of Federal and State Regulatory and Accreditations Requirements (i.e., HIPAA, CMIA, LPS, OBRA, CARF)
• Working knowledge of OSHPD state reporting requirements
• Experience in small to mid-size hospitals/facilities
• Working knowledge of ICD-10CM, DSM IV & IV, CPT
• Knowledge of various EHR and Hybrid Record Systems and Conversions
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Consulting experience in all aspects of HIM Management
• Knowledge of information systems and healthcare applications in addition to database applications and report writing
• Experience in quality management and education
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Assists in the coordination of HIM services across the integrated Telecare healthcare system through oversight, leadership, training, and support of the Health Information Clerks and Coordinators
• Assists in the implementation and support of all Facility & Program HIM activities
• Provides support to assigned HIM Departments at the Facility/Program and program level for department operations, quality reporting, regulatory compliance, EHR application support, and HIM startup implementations
• Assists in the development and implementation of policy & procedures governing health information and medical records to ensure compliance with applicable specific federal, state regulatory and accreditation standards
• Manages assigned facility/program priorities independently and develops project plans and timetables commensurate with each assignment and provide timely reporting of outcomes
• Assists in the development of tools, resources, and databases to accurately capture and interpret key metrics and data for quality reporting
• Assists in the collection and interpretation of relevant data, maintains tools and databases, and generates standard reports and key metrics for Facility/Programs assigned
• Assists in the preparation of reports for both program and corporate committees on matters concerning or related to the operations of the Clinical Information Management Services
• Monitors Facility/Program and program deliverables, exception reports, and operational obligations on a consistent basis
• Support HIM Compliance and privacy and quality programs throughout the organization
• Member of the Corporate Health Information Management and Quality Committee
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as a team member
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Sharepoint, and Outlook, as well as experience in multiple billing platforms
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach, twist, squat, kneel and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual repetitions, deviations and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.