Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 170 programs and over 4,700 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
***This position will provide coverage for the Southern CA region***
Employment Status:Full Time
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Regional Finance Manager (RFM) is responsible for analyzing financial results for their assigned programs and working with the Director of FP&A, Regional Operations Directors and Program Administrators to improve financial results while supporting quality client services. The RFM may supervise assigned Regional Business Office Managers (RBOM). The RFM, along with the RBOM, provides necessary financial training to Program administrative and business office staff.
The RFM ensures programs receive high quality performance of business office functions. The RFM, assisted by the RBOM, provides support and monitoring of the financial functions in all programs in the assigned region. The RFM is an important conduit for financial issues to and from Corporate Finance.
• Five (5) years of related experience, three (3) of which were spent in a supervisory capacity are required
• A degree in Accounting (or Business with at least one (1) year of accounting units) is required
• The ability to function independently, to work effectively with a wide variety of individuals and to maintain confidentiality of materials and information is essential
• A high degree of computer literacy and experience with networked environments is required
• Possession of analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate effectively is crucial
• Strong management skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks with minimum supervision are necessary
• There will be travel throughout the region in order to perform required duties (amount to vary depending on size of region)
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Experience in the health care field
• A working knowledge of Social Security, Medicaid and other government assistance programs, billing & reimbursement procedures, timekeeping and payroll procedures, and a broad knowledge of standard office procedures
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Analyzes financial results of assigned programs within region, and communicates findings and recommendations to Corporate Finance, Regional and Program administrative staff
• Provides financial training to Program administrative and business office staff within the assigned Region
• Responsible for the supporting the financial functions of the Business Offices in the assigned region
• Assists in the formulation of Corporate fiscal policies and procedures and regularly monitors compliance by the programs
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality improvement
• Provides coaching and development planning to assigned staff to allow for achievement of their professional goals
• Collaborates with Corporate, Regional and Program administrative staff in strategic planning activities, including the annual budgeting process
• Reviews and analyzes corporate and program fiscal policies and procedures and makes recommendations for revisions and methods to increase efficiency and effectiveness
• Establishes staffing requirements and assignments
• Establishes and maintains the job specifications and descriptions for assigned staff
• Orients and trains new and existing staff
• Provides direction and policy interpretation to Regional and Program staff on financial and administrative matters
• Ensures dissemination and implementation of policy and procedural changes within the programs in the assigned region
• Provides financial technical support and analysis to Regional and Program staff
• Ensures that financial policies and procedures are being followed at the programs
• Coordinates the efforts of assigned staff, promotes the cost-effective use of personnel, supplies and equipment
• Utilizes financial analysis to collaborate with Regional and Program administrative staff to promote efficient use of resources while providing quality services to clients
• Establishes and defines standards which ensure that effective practices are consistently followed
• Assesses the quality of work rendered and ensures that sound procedures are being followed
• Keeps abreast of and ensures that assigned staff are informed of contractual obligations, regulations and standards to assure implementation and compliance
• Proposes policy and procedure changes which increase efficiency and/or improve internal controls
• The ability to read, write and speak English is crucial
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, bend, squat, twist, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit and constantly do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.