Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, the Riverside County Mental Health Rehabilitation Center (MHRC) is licensed as a 59 bed sub-acute residential program located in Riverside, CA. The program provides longer-term mental health recovery services 24/7/365 within a supportive, structured, and secure inpatient environment designed to help clients prepare to move to the community and/or lower levels of care.
Employment Status: Full-Time .
Days: Sunday - Thursday
Learn more about the role: https://www.telecarecorp.com/recovery-specialist-ii
The Recovery Specialist II provides care that responds to the physical and psychological needs of members served. The Recovery Specialist II provides direct and indirect services according to individual service plans and Medicaid standards.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
• Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served; acts as a role model by maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude and problem solving and coping with mental illness
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Charts and observes client behavior
• Documents client activities of daily living, response to interventions, and significant behavior changes as appropriate
• Admits and discharges members served as assigned; including completing associated documentation
• Collects stool, urine and other specimens, as requested, on assigned clients
• Obtains client vital signs and weights, as assigned
• Assists members served with hygienic care
• Assists at mealtime by distributing meal trays, pouring beverages, and/or feeding members served in need of assistance
• Provides client monitoring including, but not limited to, rounds, seclusion and restraint supervision and smoke breaks.
• Assists in client outings, which may include driving.
• Practices body substance precautions at all times
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
• High school diploma or G.E.D and two (2) years of experience in a psychiatric mental health setting or BA/BS with one (1) year experience in mental health setting
• Knowledge of basic nursing skills and interventions, as well as mental and physical health conditions and terminologies
• Certification as a CNA or its equivalent is acceptable documentation of nursing skills knowledge
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Knowledge of basic psychiatric rehabilitation interventions
• Good communication skills
• Ability to use problem-solving techniques
• Ability to interview members served to determine client needs
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetitive and dexterity and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.