Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, Sanger Place MHRC (Mental Health Rehabilitation Center) is a 15-bed sub-acute, secure, psychiatric care facility for adults ages 18-59 with serious mental illness and developmental disability.
Full Time; PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; Sunday - Thursday
Full Time; PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; Friday - Monday
Full Time (.8); PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm; Friday - Monday
Provides care that responds to the physical and psychological needs of members served, consistent with recovery-centered care principles.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Assists in the welcoming, admissions, and discharge processes
• Supports and coaches members served in activities of daily living
• Ensures safety of members served through monitoring and observation, completing related documentation
• Monitors and assists members served at mealtime
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Assists with outings for members served by driving Program van and/or own vehicle
• Participates in/facilitates rehabilitation therapy groups and activities, as needed
• Implements treatment or plans of care
• Helps create a recovery environment through interactions with staff and members served
• Collects stool, urine, and other specimens, from members served, as assigned
• Obtains vital signs and weights, as assigned
• Practices standard precautions at all times
• Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
• Demonstrates knowledge of PART principles and techniques
• Informs the charge nurse of observed behaviors and conditions
• Observes, records, and reports social, psychiatric, and physical behavior of members served; has the ability to recognize changes in milieu of members served and make modifications in care giving methods accordingly
• Reviews admission documentation and assists in collecting assessment data
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
• High school diploma or G.E.D.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to behavioral health issues and multi-cultural populations (e.g., exposure through family relationships, volunteering, or other previous experience(s) or coursework)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, push, pull, lift, and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach, and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, as well as driving, exposure to uneven walking ground, and hazardous exposure (blood borne pathogens, hospital waste, chemicals, and infections).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.