Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Home First Central provides intensive and comprehensive housing supports to individuals who are at risk of losing housing in the Central region of Orange County. Telecare will employ a range of housing focused case management and behavioral health interventions through a fully mobile triage and field-based case management approach. Staff will be deployed to provide services onsite at permanent supportive housing developments, scattered site apartments and other transitional housing locations where clients reside. Focus areas will include resident wellness checks; wellness groups, skill building activities, and housing stabilization focused case management services; behavioral health and substance use services, crisis interventions; conflict resolution and property manager mediation; and other interventions that focus on successful tenancy, eviction avoidance and community integration.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: AM 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Quality Coordinator/Trainer is responsible for implementing Clinical Quality Management procedures with particular emphasis on quality documentation of clinical services. Additionally, the position provides all new employee orientation related to Quality Assurance (QA) process/procedures, on-going educational in-services, recovery training initiatives for the program, and directly assist program leadership in QA initiatives/oversight.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance, and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Plans, organizes, directs, and implements staff development in-services
• Communicates clinical findings to Program Administrator and administrative staff in a manner to maintain a collaborative working process
• Participates in the development and review of member multidisciplinary treatment plans as assigned
• Provides individualized program assistance by leading in-depth system analysis, development of plans to improve, and participation and leadership with the implementation and re-evaluation process
• Provides mentoring and training specific to areas identified as needing improvement
• Supports the efforts of the accreditation process for Telecare programs
• Facilitates staff participation in educational in-services and maintains complete and accurate records of staff participating
• Evaluates and assesses the educational needs of personnel by maintaining open and collaborative communication with staff and through the CQMS process
• Identifies the need for and contracts with outside consultants to provide needed in-service education
• Accurately reports the status of QI activities to the Administrator and Regional Director
• Develops and implements training specific to quality related issues and the quality review process
• Effectively and autonomously plans day-to-day work schedule and prioritization of tasks
• Plans and implements educational programs specific to recovery philosophy and RCCS training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• BA/BS in a Behavioral Health field
• Three (3) years of experience in service delivery to persons with severe and persistent mental illness and knowledge of regulatory requirements for specialty Mental Health service/Title IX
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Master's degree
• Prior Quality Improvement and/or staff development experience
• Current knowledge of Psychiatric Rehabilitation and Recovery Philosophy
• Current licensure (RN, LCSW, MFT, PhD)
• Knowledge of management of assaultive behavior techniques
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently stand, sit, reach and do simple grasping. The position requires manual repetitions, deviations and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.