Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 140 programs and over 4,100 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
The Start-Up Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that Start-Up projects are planned and executed according to plan. This individual is involved in planning projects as well as implementing parts of the projects, working closely with other Start-Up staff. Open to candidates who live in California, Washington and Oregon.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least five (5) years’ experience as a Project Manager
• Knowledge of project management principles, practices, techniques, and tools
• Previous experience in health care or social services desirable
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
• Ability to analyze comprehensive business processes, perform in-depth work analyses, and develop computer-generated process flow charts
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
• Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions
• Ability to learn new computer applications and technologies quickly
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, Windows Internet Explorer, Microsoft Project
• Demonstrated attention to detail, follow through on tasks, and ability to multi-task.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Project Management certification
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, and directs Start-Up projects as assigned by supervisor
• Supports other Start-Up team members by tracking and managing work processes and products
• Develops, maintains, and updates project plans and tracks progress
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of program start-ups
• Available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve limited travel
• Coordinates the efforts of Start-Up projects and their resource requirements with other departments
• Identifies and resolves issues preventing projects from making progress
• Communicates issues and project status to management as needed
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach, and to do simple grasping. Occasionally required to drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.