"They made it easier for me to live, breathe, eat, and stay clean. Without them, I'd be waiting somewhere, waiting for someone to give me a chance to live..." - Client from Telecare
Join Our Compassionate Team
Telecare 's mission is to deliver excellent and effective behavioral health services that engage individuals with complex needs in recovering their health, hopes, and dreams. Telecare continues to advance cultural diversity, humility, equity, and inclusion at all levels of our organization by hiring mental health peers, BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and all belief systems.
Telecare's Cypress House is a four-bedroom home designed to serve Regional Center of the East Bay (RCEB) clients who have challenging and complex needs, and would otherwise be at risk for admission to acute and locked settings or out-of-state placements. Cypress House is a Community Crisis Home, a new program model in California, created to serve residents with developmental disabilities and serious mental illness. This dual diagnosis home will offer residents a calm, welcoming environment where they will receive individualized assistance to stabilize the challenging behaviors and other factors preventing them from living in less intensive placements. Working within each individual's strengths and developing skills, you can be a member of a multidisciplinary team which will deliver a full range of person-centered services and behavioral supports to help clients successfully transition or return to their preferred community living option.
The Administrator manages all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the Program, which involves ensuring regulatory compliance and actively overseeing quality assurance performance improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all corporate departments and outside consultants and representatives of the program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
Full Time; AM 8:30 am - 5:00 pm; Monday - Friday
Wage range $115,980.02 - $170,569.88 - Telecare applies geographic differentials to its pay ranges. The pay range assigned to this role will be based on the geographic location from which the role is performed. Starting pay is commensurate with relevant experience above the minimum requirements.
What You Bring to the Table (Must Have)
• High School diploma or GED
• Two (2) years of experience providing direct care or supervision to individuals with developmental disabilities
• Must be an Adult Residential Facility Certificate holder and maintain certification during employment
• Meet one (1) of the following:
• Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
• Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT)
• QBMP "Qualified Behavior Modification Professional"
What's In It for You*
• Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance, 401K, Employee Stock Ownership Plan
• Paid Time Off: For FT Employee it is 16.7 days in your first year
• Nine Paid Holidays
• Career growth opportunity: company has grown 10%+ yearly for the past 5 years
• For more information visit: https://www.telecarecorp.com/benefits
What You Will Love About Working at Telecare
• Culture of power-with not power-over
• Your contribution is valued
• Opportunity to work alongside a multidisciplinary team of clinical professionals
• Personal commitment to the mission from your team and colleagues
• Diverse mental health program types with lifelong career advancement opportunities
What You Will Do
• Acts as culture carrier; creates and supports program culture and culture initiatives.
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
• Ensures that the program is meeting or exceeding clinical quality expectations and outcomes
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency partners; actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times; acts as liaison between the Program and State/County customers and community partners
• Maintains healthy staffing patterns for all departments. Which includes directing the recruitment, candidate selection, partnering with internal Employee Relations, and when necessary, disciplinary action within the Program.
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
*May vary by location and position type
Full Job Description will be provided if selected for an interview.
Administrator, Program Director, Program Manager
*Internal employees and employees employed with Telecare in the previous 12 months are not eligible for sign-on bonus.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.