Oakland | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
As a part of the Telecare Family,Heritage Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 26-bed hospital providing acute psychiatric treatment to adults over the age of 18.
Employment Status: Part-Time
Shift: 7:00 am - 3:30 PM
Days: Varies as needed
The Admissions/Discharge Planner assesses the needs of the members served and either coordinates their admission to or discharge from the program.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field
• Two (2) years of inpatient experience in the treatment of individuals with severe mental illness
• Three (3) months of experience screening psychiatric referrals
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Assumes responsibility for admission coordination, including:
o Receiving and screening all referrals and determining appropriateness for admission, with final approval by the Program Director
o Developing and maintaining a professional relationship with the County contract monitor, specialized services, and all referral sources
• Gathers collateral information following admission to assess social service and treatment needs, including history and current situation. This can include meeting with the member served, family, and team members.
• Maintains overall responsibility for discharge planning, including:
o Assessing readiness for discharge in coordination with the treatment team
o Making appropriate referrals for placement, case management and aftercare services
o Identifying resident discharge planning needs, including arranging for placement, follow-up care and financial aid
o Coordinating with the Business Office to assure that benefits are in order
o Developing and maintaining awareness of community resources
o Completing the appropriate paperwork for all members served discharged to treatment facilities
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent communication skills
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to bend and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.