Fontana | California | United States
Established in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations to empower thousands of individuals with mental illness every day in their journeys of recovery.Telecare operates 122 programs with over 3,680 employees and offers full time staff a comprehensive benefit package.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019!
As part of the Telecare family, the Merrill Center Crisis Stabilization Unit (CSU)will offer 24/7 voluntary treatment to individuals ages 13 and above who are suffering a mental health crisis but wish to avoid a locked setting. This program will be located in Fontana, CA. It will usea welcoming, home-like environment to help assess the nature of the crisis, soothe and comfort the individual, and connect them with resources to avoid future crisis. Services are recovery-oriented, and will utilize a multi-disciplinary team approach.
Employment Status: On-Call
Shift: All Shifts Needed - AM, PM, NOC
Under direct supervision of the Clinical Director/Administrator, this entry-level management position supervises multidisciplinary teams, coordinates service needs, and collaborates with other services and agencies. Completes assessments and determines the appropriate level of services for new members served.
• Master’s Degree and one (1) year of experience in mental health setting
• One (1) year supervisory experience required or supervisory training within six (6) months of employment
• Licensed eligible or waivered mental health professional as confirmed by State regulatory/licensing board (e.g., ASW, IMFT, or PCCI)
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Outpatient clinic or community mental health service with 2 years of direct clinical
• Experience providing intensive case management and/or intensive community supports using psychiatric rehabilitation concepts is highly desirable
•RN or Registered Psychologist
• Two (2) years of supervision post-masters experience in behavioral health setting
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Functions as scheduling coordinator and service plan supervisor for the team; ensures coordination of clinical and administrative team functions including scheduling of staff and members served
• Directs the day-to-day clinical/administrative operations of assigned team, ensuring all members served receive services as indicated in their treatment plan
• Oversees and monitors accuracy of medical records
• Safeguards members served confidentiality
• Promotes a high involvement culture by aligning the team around common objectives in order to ensure contract outcomes, ACT fidelity, and organizational standards are met and maintained
• Ensures staff documentation, assessments, and paperwork meet federal, state, county, and organizational standards and timelines
• Uses person centered approaches and can supervise others in their use
• Understands payer documentation requirements and can supervise others to meet these requirements
• Develops, updates, and implements individual service plans
• Partners with leadership to identify and mitigate risk, and to improve care
• Abides by established policies, procedures, and standards of care in accordance with published ACT Standards
• Provides consistent supervision, including support, feedback, clinical consultation, and clear expectations for meeting job standards and promotion of professional growth
• Tracks, maintains, and ensures compliance with contract expectations and outcomes
• Establishes strong customer and community relations
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in program van (acceptable driving record)
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Clinical philosophy and administrative practices must align with and promote Telecare recovery beliefs, mission, and vision
• Ability to train, empower, and lead staff to embody above elements in daily interactions with colleagues, members served, and other service providers
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and related legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Excellent driving skills
• Ability to easily build rapport
• Within three (3) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
• Ability to audit progress notes and treatment plan for payer compliance and quality
• Familiarity with stages of change and motivational interviewing
• Within three (3) months, ability to apply strength based supervision
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to reach, twist, bend, squat, kneel and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, walk, push, pull and do simple and power grasping and to occasionally drive.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.