Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare family, the Recovery Center at Gresham is a 16-bed facility, for adults 18+ with serious mental illness, primarily under civil commitment or guardianship.
Sign-on Bonus: $7,500
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Nurse Coordinator is a treatment team member who is responsible for supervising designated staff and performs evaluations. The Nurse Coordinator ensures that the physical and psychological needs of members served through direct and indirect services in a manner consistent with Rehabilitation and Recovery principles. S/he performs activities that may be carried out only by professional nursing personnel.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides supervision for designated staff
• Maintains and establishes a therapeutic relationship with members served
• Participates on multidisciplinary teams, providing information or services consistent with Recovery principles
• Provides staff training and consultation as requested
• Provides individualized education and information to members served regarding their illness, medication, side effects, etc.
• Assists the Psychiatrist and Treatment Team as needed
• Supervises the ordering of medical supplies and oversees medication system
• Ensures appropriate authorizations for medication reimbursement
• Provides linkages and referrals to other agencies
• Ensures discharges are completed effectively and efficiently
• Performs nursing assessments, interventions, medication oversight, and administration as needed
• Reports members served social, psychiatric, and physical behavior as indicated
• Reviews and implements members served service plans
• Actively participates in multidisciplinary staff meetings and treatment planning meetings
• Assists Clinical Administrator and Team members in providing other services as needed
• Provides 24-hour, on-call coverage on a rotating basis per program need and as assigned
• Accepts risks inherent in working in a community-based program
• Demonstrates knowledge of professional management of assaultive behavior techniques
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc. (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the state of program operations with four (4) years of full-time experience in psychiatric mental health nursing OR
• MSN with one (1) year full-time experience OR B.S.N. with two (2) years of full-time experience in a psychiatric setting
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• One (1) year of experience in a community-based setting
• Able to work with members served with multiple mental and physical disabilities
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.