WANT TO KNOW WHAT THIS ROLE REALLY ENTAILS?? CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO SERIES HERE: https://www.telecarecorp.com/recovery-specialist-ii
Position is similar to a CNA butdoes not require a CNA license. This role is not nursing, it is centered around mental health recovery and basic rehab services at a secured 24-7 facility.
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM!!
Program Type: Secure residential mental health facility -- we are a sub-acute, longer-term, recovery center with estimated length of stay of 3-6 months.
To Make Referrals: Referrals are typically made by inpatient hospitals, but can also be made by community placements, corrections, or outpatient providers. Clients themselves or family members are encouraged to call us anytime for more information about how to be referred to our wait list.
# of Beds: 16 beds
Who We Serve: Adult residents of Nebraska, aged 19 and older, who have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness (Major Depressive Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder, or Schizophrenia) and who are leaving acute psychiatric care in a local or state hospital, crisis center, or correctional facility.
Funding: Services can be paid for by Regions (1-6) for eligible recipients or by Medicaid; Room & Board can be paid for by SSI/SSDI, AABD, Regions, or privately.
About the Program: The Recovery Center at Sarpy is a 24-hour staffed secure mental health program that helps people envision their recovery path, build important skills, and regain hope to move forward on their journey. It offers a high level of care in the community, which gives people a chance to receive all the needed support and services under one roof that they need to stabilize their symptoms and strengthen independent living skills. Recovery is woven into and defines every aspect of the program, from assessments and interventions to the client information system, to the selection of staff, and the overall client experience.
The Recovery Center at Sarpy is person-centered and trauma-informed. In this environment, clients begin a learning process that helps them make effective choices, reduce the amount of harm in their lives, and increase their personal strengths.
The Recovery Specialist II provides care that responds to the physical and psychological needs of members served. The Recovery Specialist II provides direct and indirect services according to individual service plans and Medicaid standards.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and standards of care
• Establishes, maintains, and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served; acts as a role model by maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude and problem solving and coping with mental illness
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Charts and observes client behavior
• Documents client activities of daily living, response to interventions, and significant behavior changes as appropriate
• Admits and discharges members served as assigned; including completing associated documentation
• Can assist members served with hygienic care but most hygiene assistance is left to the Psych Nurses to take care of
• Assists at mealtime by distributing meal trays, pouring beverages
• Provides client monitoring including, but not limited to, rounds, and smoke breaks.
• Assists in client outings, which may include driving.
• Complete Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and De-escalation Training and abide by all safety policies and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• For Nebraska – Bachelor’s degree preferred;OR 2 years course work and 2 years work experienceOR 2 years’ lived experience
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Knowledge of basic psychiatric rehabilitation interventions
• Good communication skills
• Ability to use problem-solving techniques
• Ability to interview members served to determine client needs
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetitive and dexterity and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.