Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, San Bernardino ACT (Assertive Community Treatment) is a community-based program created to serve 100 San Bernardino County adults (age 18+) with serious mental illness. This program currently serves over 100 members.
Employment Status: Full -Time
Days: Monday - Friday
The Medical Records Technician is responsible for the maintenance, storage and processing of all medical records and EHR data. This involves performing a variety of clerical and technical duties associated with the management and oversight of a program's medical records including, but not limited to: assembling, analysis, release of information, data processing, collection, reconciliation and preparation of reports in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of a mental health care system. Must be able to work independently and have the ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with clients, family members, the public and physicians and staff.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Assists in the development of and compliance with the policies and procedures to ensure that medical records are complete and processed according to governmental regulations and standard professional and medical record keeping practices
• Monitors and tracks compliance with legal documents and correspondence with conservators/guardians
• Prepares and processes the clinical records of members served who are admitted/discharged in the Program
• Audits clinical records for completeness and adherence to standards
• Ensures that data is collected accurately and on time
• Ensures that clinical staff understands the significance of inputting key data elements
• Verifies accuracy of EHR data
• Ensures that members served demographic and episodic information is documented within specified timeframes
• Interfaces with Program and County staff and confirms accuracy of all system data and ensures procedures are completed per established requirements
• Generates reports to confirm accuracy of data and makes corrections per Program and County requirements Participates in required system trainings and meetings to stay up-to-date on current system changes Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asks appropriate questions.
• Works cooperatively with Managers and Program Administrators
• Demonstrates good judgment, decision making, and initiative while performing daily tasks.
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies within budgetary parameters.
• Reports concerns about issues at programs to the Vice President, Human Resources.
• Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co-workers with concern and promotes group morale
• Continually focuses on assigned tasks
• Seeks and implements improvements as necessary
• Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities
• Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare 's customers including clients/residents, families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
• Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect for and understanding of the community when representing Telecare in the community.
• Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
• Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance
• Attends all assigned in-service education classes
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• One (1) year of EHR or healthcare information system experience in a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient program or acute hospital setting AND
• Credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), through American Health Information Association (AHIMA) OR
• Two (2) years of EHR or healthcare information system experience in a psychiatric inpatient or outpatient program or acute hospital setting AND
• Completion of an approved Health Information/Medical Record Certificate Program OR
• Three (3) years of EHR or management of a paper medical record systems experience in a outpatients or community based healthcare program environment.
• Working knowledge of managing a hybrid medical record system
• EHR System experience, Caminar, Avatar, Anasazi (desired)
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations, survey process, accreditation standards, and psychiatric requirements.
• Knowledge and application of appropriate coding systems; ICD-10 CM, DSMV
• Knowledge of documentation and legal issues pertaining to HIPAA, PHI and other health information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues.
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and County representatives
• Ability to read, write and speak English is crucial, as is the willingness to work with mentally impaired adults.
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Able to type 50 WPM
• Possess basic computer skills
• Have knowledge of general office duties
• Have excellent communication skills
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach, twist, squat, kneel and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual repetitions, deviations and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.