Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 140 programs and over 4,100 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family, the Kaiser Intensive Community Treatment (ICT) program will be an Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) program serving up to 195 Clients with Serious Mental Illness (SMI) throughout the greater Sacramento and Central Valley Areas.
At Kaiser ICT, we partner with Kaiser Permanente psychiatrists and clinical staff to ensure successful engagement in treatment services. Our multidisciplinary team will provide short-term case management and services to help members navigate the mental health system.
Our program uses a community-based model where we connect members to the proper resources in order to help them achieve their wellness goals. All services are recovery-focused, strengths-based, and anchored in recovery principles. Upon arrival, a diverse clinical team will provide an individualized assessment and work with members every step of the way to support their goals in life.
The program is designed to meet the needs of Kaiser members who are high users of inpatient psychiatric services or who are at high risk of acute psychiatric hospitalizations. Services are provided in the community.
Employment Status: Full Time
The Medical Records Technician (MRT)/Data Specialty is responsible for the maintenance, storage, and processing of all medical records and EHR data. This involves performing a variety of clerical and technical duties associated with the management and oversight of a program’s medical records including, but not limited to: assembly, analysis, release of information, data processing, collection, outcome report production, reconciliation and preparation of reports in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal and regulatory requirements of a mental health care system. The MRT/Data Specialist must be able to work independently and have the ability to interact and communicate both verbally and in writing with members served, family members, the public, physicians and staff.
• One (1) year of EHR or healthcare information system experience in a medical setting
• Working knowledge of managing a hybrid medical record system
• EHR System experience, Caminar, Avatar (desired)
• Knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations, survey process, accreditation standards, and psychiatric requirements
• Knowledge and application of appropriate coding systems; ICD-10 CM, DSM V
• Knowledge of documentation and legal issues pertaining to HIPAA, PHI, and other health information
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheet development, data entry, and outcome report production
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Ability to communicate effectively with staff and County representatives
• A high school diploma or a G.E.D.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English is crucial, as is the willingness to work with adults with mental illness
• The ability to work with minimum of supervision, set work priorities, and function as a self-starter is essential
• Must have the willingness to work with individuals with mental illness
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• Credentialed as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), through the American Medical Record Association (AHIMA)
• Courses in typing, word processing, and general office procedures
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Assists in the development of and compliance with the policies and procedures to ensure that medical records are complete and processed according to governmental regulations and standard professional and medical record keeping practices
• Monitors and tracks compliance with legal documents and correspondence with conservators/guardians
• Prepares and processes the clinical records of members served who are admitted/discharged in the program
• Audits clinical records for completeness and adherence to standards
• Ensures that data is collected accurately and on time
• Ensures that clinical staff understands the significance of inputting key data elements
• Verifies accuracy of data
• Ensures that members served information, admissions, discharges, eligibility information, outcome data, and other pertinent information is documented within specified time limits
• Interfaces with County staff and confirms that all system data procedures are completed according to County specifications and directions
• Creates and runs reports to confirm accuracy of data and makes corrections according to County instructions within specified timelines
• Participates in all system trainings and meetings to stay up-to-date on all changes and revisions to system
• Performs computer interface (uploads) of data to Corporate office
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Necessary skills include the ability to type 50 WPM, computer skills, knowledge of general office duties, and excellent communication
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, push, pull, and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently reach, twist, squat, kneel and do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual repetitions, deviations and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.