Hear directly from Telecare SOAR employees, click link below
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family,Sacramento Outreach Adult Recovery (SOAR) serves 150 adults ages 18-59 with serious, persistent mental illness.
Shift:Days, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Days: Monday - Friday
The Receptionist acts as the central hub of communication for the Program. He/she operates the main phone console, greets all callers and/or incoming visitors, and performs routine administrative and personnel duties as assigned.
• A High School diploma or a G.E.D. equivalent
• Ability to type
• Knowledge of general office duties
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• One (1) year of experience as a receptionist
• Courses in typing, word processing, and general office procedures
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Performs the following receptionist duties:
o Operates the phone console by answering incoming calls, determining the need of the caller, and relaying the call
o Greets visitors, ascertaining their needs and providing direction as needed
o Serves as the central communication post during fire and disaster emergencies
o Notifies the appropriate staff of incoming calls, transfers callers to appropriate staff as necessary
o Uses professional telephone etiquette at all times
o Performs all duties as assigned by supervisor
• Performs the following clerical duties:
o Receives, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail for program staff
o Typing as directed
o Maintains the copy machine/fax machine paper supply and coordinates repairs of the office machines
o Basic data entry
o Assists in inventory and ordering of office supplies
o Processes Receipt Routing Log and Daily Cash and Check Log (DCCL) when needed; assists with medical records filing as assigned
• Performs the following personnel duties:
o Assists Business Office Manager/Human Resources Assistant with personnel/applicant information as assigned, i.e., coordinating interviews, disseminating application packets to appropriate candidates
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• Excellent public relations skills and communication skills
Ability to read, write, and speak English is crucial, as is the willingness to work with adults with disabilities
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, bend, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 10 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, twist, reach and do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.