Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family,the 72nd Ave Recovery Center is a subacute 16-bed inpatient program thatserves adultmales, 18+, with a primary psychiatric Axis I diagnosis, and an extensive background of institutional experiences.
Employment Status: Part-Time
Shift:Days, Hours Vary
Days: Days, Hours Vary
The Maintenance Technician performs tasks that involve the facility physical plant, equipment, and grounds maintenance. These duties encompass a variety of carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, and environmental services assignments
• Two (2) years of experience as a building maintenance technician, handy person, boiler worker, or related position
• High School graduation or a G.E.D
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Experience in a health care setting
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Performs the following electrical tasks:
o Checks the temperature in the facility and maintains the log; adjusts thermostats as needed to maintain the proper temperature
o Checks all exit lights and other facility lights, replacing as directed
• Completes all sheet rock repairs, including sanding and painting within one week of being damaged
• Performs security duties, as assigned
• Performs the following maintenance tasks:
o Responds to all work requisitions, completing the requested task and the associated paper work
o Completes preventative maintenance tasks as scheduled and assigned
o Disposes of trash and empties infectious waste according to the schedule, as assigned
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• Knowledge of and ability to perform in the areas of: plumbing, carpentry, masonry, and electrical, heating, and air conditioning repair
• Ability to read, write and speak English is essential, as is the willingness to work with individuals with mental illness
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 75 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.