Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare’s English Hills program is an adult residential facility that provides 24-hour nonmedical care to 5 individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health symptoms receiving regional center services and in need of crisis intervention services who would otherwise be at risk of admission to a more restrictive setting.
Employment Status:Full-Time .8
Shift/Days:Fri-SatAM 7:00 am - 3:30 pm; Sun-Mon PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)/Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) Direct Care Staff provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides safe, effective, and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care. The LVN/LPT Direct Care Staff shall work under the general direction of the Program Administrator.
· High School Graduation or G.E.D.
· Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) /Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) program and current licensure
· Current CPR/BLS certificate
· Six months of prior experience providing direct care and special services to persons with developmental disabilities
· Complete the required training for the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certification within 6 months of initial employment and obtain RBT certification within twelve months of initial employment or be a Qualified Behavior Modification Professional and maintain credential through employment
· Within one year of employment, all direct care staff shall complete both segments of Direct Support Professional (DSP) competency-based training course including the competency tests or pass the department-approved challenge tests applicable to both training segments. Proof of prior successful completion of both training segments and competency exams will meet this requirement
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be CPR, CPI and First Aid certified (hands-on course) on date of employment or prior to providing direct client care and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
· Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred
· One (1) year of experience
· Understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment, and knowledge of psychotropic medication
· Direct Care Staff speak the language of the people they support
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
· Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements
· Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
· Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admission, and discharge process
· Collects data relevant to care of members served; develops and implements nursing care plans
· Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
· Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
· Administers medication and treatments to members served
· Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
· Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
· Notifies the prescriber and nursing supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
· Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
· Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
· Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
· Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
· Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
· Assist LVN/LPT Direct Care Lead with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments
· Assist LVN/LPT Direct Care Lead in preparing member materials as instructed.
· Assume LVN/LPT Direct Care Lead responsibilities in their absence
· Must participate in monthly supervision meeting with qualified supervisor. LVN/LPT Direct Care Staff must be supervised for 5% qualifying activities each month by BCaBA or BACA
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety). Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
· Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans
· Ability to support medical and psycho-social care for members served
· Ability to administer oral and injectable medications
· Ability to act as a team member and provide input via reporting observations and concerns and asking appropriate questions
· Ability to review and implement recovery treatment plans for members served
· Demonstrated ability to implement physical crisis and de-escalation techniques
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.