Vacaville | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 122 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 13th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2019! This is the 17th time we have made the list!
Telecare’s English Hills program is an adult residential facility that provides 24-hour nonmedical care to 5 individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health symptoms receiving regional center services and in need of crisis intervention services who would otherwise be at risk of admission to a more restrictive setting. This NEW program is schedule to open inJanuary 2020
Employment Status: Short-Hour, 2-eight hour shifts per week
Shift:AM or PM
Days: Varies as needed
This lead position provides recovery focused services related to the safe and appropriate administration of medical treatment (including medications) as prescribed by the physician. Provides guidance to Direct Care Staff in completing assigned functionsduring assigned shift.
· Graduation from an accredited LVN or LPT program and current license
· Current CPR/BLS certificate
· One (1) year of experience with I/DD individuals
· Must obtain a Registered Behavior Technician credential within sixty (60) days of initial employment and maintain credential through employment
· One (1) year experience providing direct care to individuals with Developmental Disabilities
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Within one year of employment, all direct care staff shall complete both segments of Direct Support Professional (DSP) competency-based training course including the competency tests or pass the department-approved challenge tests applicable to both training segments. Proof of prior successful completion of both training segments and competency exams will meet this requirement
· Must be CPR, CPI and First Aid certified (hands -on course) on date of employment or prior to providing direct client care and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
· Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting
· Understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment, and knowledge of psychotropic medication
·Two (2) years of LVN/LPT experience in health care environment
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
· Supports Administrator by sharing 24 hour on call responsibilities on a schedule to be determined by Administrator and Direct Care Leads; Requires carrying program cell phone and being first contact for program support during scheduled on call shifts; Must be available to come to program within 30 minutes in case of emergency.
· Oversees and provides direct nursing care
· Organizes, prioritizes, and delegates work on the assigned shift
· Contingent upon program structure and needs, assumes charge or shift lead responsibility, as needed
· Assigns responsibilities to staff for the assigned shift
· Trains staff on documentation of medications and medication preparation
· Prepares staff to assist residents with self-administration of medications
· Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
· Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admissions, and discharge processes
· Collects data relevant to the care of members served; develops and implements nursing care plans
· Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
· Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
· Administers medication and treatments to members served
· Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
· Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
· Receives and presents change of shift reports as assigned
· Notifies the prescriber and nursing supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
· Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
· Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
· Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
· Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Ability to review and implement Recovery/Treatment plans
· Ability to administer oral and injectable medications
· Ability to provide input by reporting observations and concerns, and ask appropriate questions
· Ability to implement crisis de-escalation techniques
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.