Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9th Best Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As part of the Telecare Family,Morton Bakar Center is a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) providing psychosocial rehabilitation and skills-building support for older adults (ages 65+) with a primary diagnosis of severe mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift:Varies as needed
Days:Varies as needed
The Infection Preventionist performs clinical rounds for surveillance to observe and examine the environmental factors that may impact infection control, and to verify status of client care and treatment to ensure nursing personnel are performing in accordance with infection control procedures and standards. The Infection Preventionist will also implement and train staff on the correct procedures and standards of care.
· Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of program operation and two (2) years’ experience in an inpatient facility
· Must be eligible for CDC (Centers for Disease Control) Infection Prevention Certification and achieve the certification with-in 60 days
· Valid CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)/BLS (Basic Life Support) certificate
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
· Experience in Behavioral health setting
· Experience in Skilled Nursing Facility
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
· Performs clinical rounds to observe and verify status of client, treatment and follow-up for care needs and staff development.
· Observes environmental factors that may impact infection control and nursing personnel to ensure that infection control procedures and standards area being followed
· Assess risk of occupational exposures to infectious disease. Develop immunization screening programs, apply work restrictions and recommendations related to communicable diseases or following an exposure.
· Provides input on staff development based on observations
· Investigates outbreaks of infections and assesses for cross contamination
· Evaluates data for cause of infection outbreak
· Establish and maintain a working relationship with county, state and federal regulatory agencies through timely, accurate reporting of mandatory Healthcare Associated Infection’s (HAI’s) and other significant patient conditions/diseases
· Communicate and follow-up on all reported infections and acts as liaison to regulatory agencies
· Maintains all required documentation required by regulatory offices
· Provides weekly reports and leads the Infection Control Committee
· Completes clinical assessments for appropriateness of client care with regard to infection control adherence to isolation policies and procedures
· Reviews progress notes to ensure isolation protocol is being followed and resident is responding to current treatment
· Develops, implements and provides training on infection control safety and compliance
· Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
· Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
· Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
· Reviews and maintains the amount, accuracy, and quality of documentation included in the medical records
· Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
· May provide nursing support as needed
· Participate in the Safety and Environment of Care Committee, Emergency Management Planning Committee, Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement Team and other committees, as appropriate
· Monitors staff performance utilizing rounds and review of surveillance reports, nursing progress notes, timeliness of obtaining cultures, timeliness of physician notification
· Consulted in the selection and post-implementation evaluation of medical equipment and supplies, and changes in practice that may affect the risk of facility acquired infections
· Monitor findings from patient care quality/safety assessment activities, including recognition of sentinel events and marker organisms for immediate review and investigation
· Participate in facility-wide Emergency Preparedness activities related to infection control measures relating to communicable disease outbreaks.
· Develop and maintain competency/current knowledge base through peer networking, active membership in professional organizations, use of internet resources, published literature, educational meetings, seminars and workshops.
· Serve as key educator to staff, patients and families regarding infection control policies and procedures and is a facilitator in addressing and correcting identified problem within the system, sites and units.
· Monitor patterns, prevalence and trends, conduct surveillance, create line list and mapping and evaluate healthcare associated infections using epidemiologic principles by review and interpretation of microbiology, laboratory and diagnostic reports and medical records. Will initiate appropriate control measures in collaboration with IDT.
· Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training except for SUTS (Substance Use Treatment) programs
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Excellent listening skills and ability to take detailed notes
· Ability to concisely communicate
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to prepare succinct summary reports
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.