As a senior member of the clinical team, the Nurse Practitioner provides direct psychiatric nurse practitioner care and medical treatment to members served.
This opportunity will cover two of our programs located in Oakland, CA. Alameda Justice & Mental Health (JAMR), and STRIDES need a talented PMHNP to provide care to our patients/clients ages 18 and older suffering from serious mental illness.
• Demonstrates the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Assume quality of medical care for all patients
• Utilize effective communication methods to foster the therapeutic relationship and promote positive clinical outcomes
• Gather data from multiple sources including reviews of previous medical records, psychosocial and other evaluations performed by the multidisciplinary team, and interviews of family members when available
• Document and finalize all assessments within the time frame dictated by the program
• Develop plan for treatment based on data gathered during assessment and input from members served as well as other sources. Ensure that the plan for treatment is in accordance with evidence based standards and practice guidelines.
• Work in collaboration with multi-disciplinary team to implement plan for treatment. The team may include various disciplines, including but not limited to mental health therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, dietitians, substance recovery counselors, wellness coaches, and educators.
• Refer members served for further diagnostic and laboratory testing as indicated
• Prescribe medications based on clinical indicators and results of diagnostic and laboratory testing as appropriate. Monitor and document patient response to medications and make adjustments as appropriate
• Educate members served and families about the benefits and adverse effects of prescribed treatment option
• Monitor/review progress in treatment in collaboration with the multidisciplinary treatment team. This process may include review of relevant laboratory or other diagnostic tests, communication with multidisciplinary team members, review of daily documentation, and ongoing member interviews
• Make necessary modifications to prescribed treatment regimen based on regular monitoring and review of progress
• Provide crisis intervention and referrals as appropriate
• Document and finalize all treatment plans within the time frame specified by the program
• Work in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team to conclude treatment when clinically indicated and transition members to other levels of care as appropriate
• Make appropriate referrals to other healthcare and community resources as indicated
• Complete and sign all discharge summaries within the time frame specified by the program
• Prepare and maintain documentation, records, discharge summaries, and reports in accordance with established rules, regulations, and program guidelines
• Perform duties within Scope of Practice in accordance with professional standards, established clinical protocols, and related Federal, State, and County regulatory requirements
• Engage in ongoing education, supervision, and training as required. Be well informed on current best practice standards and guidelines in psychiatry
• Provide industry relevant tips for the Practice Site
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Bachelor's Degree in Nursing Science and an advanced degree in a healthcare science as required by the State Licensing program
• Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program
• ANCC Board Certified Nurse Practitioner
• Licensure as an Advanced Practice Nurse Practitioner in the State of practice
• Active DEA and Furnishing licenses
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.