Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 170 programs and over 4,200 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
The Human Resource Business Partner (HRBP) supports programs in assigned region and partners with regional and program leaders to deliver human resource strategies to drive engagement and retention; through enhancing staff performance, employee development, recruiting and retention efforts, and facilitating learning and development initiatives. The HRBP consults with key stakeholders and employees and provides solid recommendations on strategic HR solutions to improve business outcomes. The HRBP position requires the ability to build strong and effective relationships with employees, leaders, management, and senior leaders to become a trusted and respected partner and coach.
This role will cover all facilities in Ventura County and other parts of the Central Coast. This role must physically report into these facilities and travel through these regions.
Employment Status: Full Time
• A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related business field and five (5) years' progressive HR experience preferably in multi-site Hospital or Specialty Healthcare regional services environment, or seven (7) years' diverse and progressive HR experience with increasing responsibility preferably in multi-site Hospital or Specialty Healthcare regional services environment.
• Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal employment law and applications
• Ability to travel routinely through assigned region, including out of state if needed
• Ability to effectively organize work and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work at a high level of autonomy and manage multiple ongoing issues and priorities
• Must be responsive in managing issues that require timely management and oversight
• A valid Driver 's License in the state located and a driving record acceptable to Telecare's insurers
• Applicant must be fingerprinted and receive clearance from the Department of Justice
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Master's degree in Human Resources or related field
• Three (3) years management experience
• Experience with multi-site organization
• Experience in a healthcare organization
The essential functions listed below are general examples and not a description of comprehensive duties. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on regional and operational needs.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in the delivery of organizational priorities across assigned region to provide an employee-orientated company culture that emphasis employee engagement, retention, and development.
• Assist the Regional Human Resource Manager with implementation of policies to ensure compliance and consistency across the region.
• Ensures policies and procedures are in place and carried out appropriately within the programs and region.
• Actively assist in the implementation of HR programs, identifies opportunities for improvement, and works to resolve problems at the lowest possible organizational level.
• Partners with program leadership on recruitment initiatives and drives the creation and delivery of retention efforts, and monitors for success.
• Provides analysis and recommendation in talent management and workforce planning utilizing HR metrics.
• Collaborates with Regional HR Manager and business leaders to ensure identified talent is developed and succession risk are anticipated.
• Partners with program leaders to assist in problem solving complex HR issues, conflict resolution, team building, coaching and development opportunities.
• Diagnosis causes of unwanted attrition and implements interventions to improve retention within region
• Identifies training opportunities and partners with learning and development team to deliver structured programs
• Contributes to the development, and support of HR dashboard, monitoring of HR metrics and analysis of trends. Identifies root causes and takes proactive remedial action and partners with program leadership to implement appropriate course of action.
• Assist and supports leaders with employee performance discussions and documentation.
• Supports consistent delivery of core HR programs and services across the region
• Provides oversight and ensures HR compliance with regulatory site visits within assigned region.
• Contributes to and implements established HR strategy for the region.
• Provides guidance and mentoring for managers on HR best practices and employee relations solutions.
• Assist in the deployment of HR related systems and processes developed at the corporate level
• Serves as a trusted advisor and partner for staff, leaders, and regional support team
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned or revised at the discretion of management
• Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to think critically and provide sound recommendations and direction
• Ability to successfully manage and prioritize competing priorities
• Ability to operate with the highest level of integrity, confidentiality, and independently
• Ability to manage workload complexities for multi-site locations
• Ability to interact with all levels of staff
• Strong computer skill set; excel, word, power point, etc.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, twist, bend, and occasionally required squat, kneel, crawl, and climb , as well as to frequently, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.