Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
As a part of the Telecare Family,La Paz is a 130 bed Gero-Psychiatric center which serves adults 65 and older.
The Housekeeping and Laundry Supervisor coordinates and manages the daily activities of Housekeeping and Laundry staff. This requires supervising all housekeeping and laundry activities by scheduling, monitoring, and performing a variety of housekeeping duties in order to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary, and attractive condition.
• Seven (7) years of experience in housekeeping/laundry services
• Experience in a health care setting
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• One (1) year of experience in a supervisory capacity
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls housekeeping and laundry services
• Has responsibility for the administrative functioning of the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility
• Available to assist at other Telecare facilities which may involve limited travel
• Orders supplies and equipment for housekeeping and laundry activities
• Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the number and classification of personnel to be employed; directs the recruitment, selection, and when necessary, disciplinary action, within the Housekeeping and Laundry Departments
• Establishes and maintains the job specifications and descriptions for housekeeping and laundry personnel
• Monitors the linen inventory and confirms that both soiled and clean linen are stored in the designated areas
• Manages the Housekeeping and Laundry Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Coordinates the efforts of Housekeeping and Laundry Departments with other departments; in the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost effective use of personnel, supplies, and equipment
• Inspects equipment and evaluates the need for new parts, repairs, and overhaul
• Coordinates all infection control procedures, e.g. the handling of contaminated material
• Collaborates with other management staff in the implementation of fire, disaster, and safety procedures
• Collaborates with clinical staff as requested in managing assaultive behavior episodes of members served
• Establishes and defines standards which ensure that safe practices are consistently followed within the Housekeeping and Laundry Department
• Assesses the quality of work rendered by the Housekeeping and Laundry Department and ensures that sound procedures are followed
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Housekeeping Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education, and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality work performance
• Makes daily facility rounds, often accompanied by the Environmental Services Director and/or Administrator, to monitor the performance of the Housekeeping and Laundry Department and the general cleanliness of the facility; takes corrective action as needed.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Demonstrable knowledge of housekeeping equipment, cleaning procedures, chemical mixtures, and a working knowledge of relevant sections of Title 22 and other health and safety codes
• Ability to read, write and speak English is essential, as is the desire to work with mentally impaired adults
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, the provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and with other departments
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to squat, kneel, crawl, climb as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist, push, pull, reach and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.