Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
La Paz is a 148 bed Gero-Psychiatric center which serves adults 55 and older.
Employment Status: Part Time
Shift: AM, Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
The Housekeeper cleans and services the building areas of the facility and performs a variety of housekeeping duties to maintain the facility in an orderly, sanitary, and attractive condition.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Thoroughly and consistently performs the following cleaning tasks:
o Sweeps, mops, vacuums, buffs, strips, washes, and shampoos floor surfaces
o Cleans and dusts furniture, closets, telephone areas, and vents
o Scours, polishes, and sanitizes sinks, counters, stainless steel surfaces, and waste receptacles
o Empties waste receptacles and cleans solid waste containers and transports medical waste to outside storeroom, as directed
o Washes windows and walls, which may involve removing draperies and rugs, as directed
o Washes mops, rags, and linen, as directed
o Gathers and returns needed cleaning supplies and equipment daily to support rooms, as directed
o Distributes the clean laundry, from the clean linen closet to the nursing staff, as directed
o Collects dirty laundry from the nursing areas and moves it to the loading area for pickup as directed
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies
• Reports defective equipment or needed repairs to supervisor
• Executes, as required, the facility Fire, Disaster, and Safety procedures
• Assists with the management of assaultive behavior upon request by the clinical staff
• Reports fire and accident hazards to supervisor
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• One (1) year of relevant experience in hotel, motel, health care, or a similar work environment
• Ability to read, write, and speak English in order to follow written and verbal directions
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
Preferred: Experience with floor care
• Experience in a health care setting
• High school graduation or G.E.D. equivalent
• Good communication skills and a desire to work with adults with mental illness
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, twist reach, push, pull and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.