Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 170 programs and over 4,700 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
The Muriel Wright Recovery Center SUTS helps people with active substance use issues to transition out of jail more effectively and begin the recovery process in a supportive environment. All services are mental health-informed, using approaches such as Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change to help engage people in treatment. SUTS services are heavily group-based to build community and support, and are based on the Integrated Dual Disorder Treatment (IDDT) curriculum, a SAMSHA Evidence-Based Practice. Additional services include Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT), relapse prevention, physical health screenings, etc. The Muriel Wright Recovery Center SUTS program is an ASAM Level 3.1 service and is operated under contract with Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Services Department.
Shift:AM 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Days:Tuesday - Saturday
In the absence of the Food Service Manager, the Head Cook is responsible scheduling of staff, food orders, and follow-up with diet orders, in addition to preparing, cooking, and serving food to members served. This includes seasoning and cooking meat, fish, vegetables, soups, salads, and desserts. The Head Cook will initiate disciplinary procedures and/or award employee excellence in the absence of the Food Service Manager.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Performs tasks correctly and according to policies and procedures
• Makes any necessary changes in posted schedule in the absence of the Food Service Manager
• Coordinates, verifies, and places food order in the absence of the Food Service Manager
• Interviews new members served for food preferences and verifies diet orders
• Reviews and clarifies daily menus with Cooks and Food Service Workers
• Deals with any other dietary issues in the absence of the Food Service Manager
• Reviews menus, work orders, and recipes to determine the type and quantity of meals necessary to prepare
• Participates in and supervises the following food preparation activities: washing, trimming, cooking, and seasoning
• Directs the collection and assembly of food items from storage areas during the food preparation process
• Prepares food for special therapeutic diets
• Receives and monitors food deliveries against requisitions and invoices
• Takes active steps to avoid food waste
• Directly supervises the dietary staff in the use, care, and maintenance of equipment, food storage, housekeeping, and safety standards in the absence of the the Food Service Manager
• Ensures that the cleaning and maintenance program is consistently adhered to
• Confers and collaborates with the Food Service Manager regarding both regular and modified diet preparation
• Confers with the Food Service Manager about departmental and administrative issues
• Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies
• Plans and facilitates cooking schedules to ensure that food is ready at the specified time
• Expedites food production of other cooks and food service workers
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Five (5) years of experience in a Telecare facility or previous employment as a Senior, Lead or Head Cook and knowledge of therapeutic diets
• High school graduation or G.E.D. equivalent
• Experience in the use of institutional kitchen equipment such as steam tables, stoves, refrigerators, and freezers
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply
• Experience in a health care setting
• Ability to read, write and speak English is essential, as is the willingness to work with adults with mental illness
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, bend, twist, reach and to do simple and power grasping. The position requires to constantly stand and manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.