Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Cordilleras is a licensed 68-bed mental health rehabilitation center (MHRC) and a licensed 49-bed adult residential facility (ARF) called The Suites. Cordilleras primarily serves San Mateo County residents, 18-59, with long histories of mental illness and multiple episodes of acute psychiatric hospitalization.
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Food Service Manager directs and supervises dietary personnel in all activities related to planning, preparing, and serving both regular and special diets of members served.
• Four (4) years of experience in food service delivery including supply ordering, preparation, and serving.
• One (1) year of experience in a supervisory capacity
• Certificate of completion from a course approved by the California Dietetic Association for Dietetic Supervisor - Level 1
• Knowledge of all applicable local, state, and federal regulations regarding the operation of a dietary department within a skilled nursing facility
• High school graduation or a G.E.D. equivalent
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs, and controls dietary services
• Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Dietary Department
• Makes use of management practices that include empowerment of staff, provision of clear and concise expectations regarding duties assigned to employees, frequent feedback focusing on both positive and problematic aspects of work performance, and other management practices that are consistent with Continuous Quality Improvement
• Promotes and maintains harmonious and effective relationships and communications within the department and other departments
• Collaborates with other administrative staff in strategic planning activities with the goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the facility
• Is available to assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve limited travel
• Meets regularly with dietary consultant to review menus, therapeutic diets, nutritional
assessments, and other issues related to the operation of the Dietary Department
• Establishes staffing requirements and recommends to administration the number and classification of personnel to be employed; directs recruitment, selection, and when necessary, disciplinary action, within the Dietary Department
• Establishes and maintains job specifications and descriptions for department personnel
• Assesses, monitors, and documents nutritional information regarding dietary needs of members served
• Attends treatment team meetings as needed to discuss dietary problems of members served
• Manages the Dietary Department within allocated budgetary parameters and participates in the development of the fiscal budget
• Coordinates the efforts of the Dietary Department with other departments; in the process of accomplishing this, promotes the cost-effective use of personnel, supplies, and equipment
• Ensures that the kitchen area and its equipment is maintained in sanitary condition
• Purchases food supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner
• Conducts inventories of supplies on hand
• Has responsibility for all activities relating to compliance to local, state, and federal regulations pertaining to the operation of the Dietary department in a skilled nursing facility
• Establishes and defines standards which ensure safe and therapeutically effective care
• Assesses the quality of work rendered by the Dietary Department and ensures that sound procedures are followed
• Establishes and maintains a comprehensive Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement program within the Dietary Department which includes frequent collaboration with other departments, employee education, and a focus on monitoring departmental standards and actively removing barriers to the provision of high quality work performance
• Plans and implements cyclical menus for regular and therapeutic diets
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Ability to read, write and speak English and desire to work with adults with mental impairments
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull, and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, reach, and to do simple grasping . The position requires manual deviation, repetition, and dexterity, and Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical and Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.