Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 175 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
This position is will cover the Pacific Northwest region
Employment Status: Full-Time
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for engaging with employees and leaders to ensure an equitable, inclusive, and respectful experience for all employees. This includes responding to employee concerns, conducting workplace investigations, managing medical accommodations, ensuring compliance with company policies, regulations, and work rules. This position handles a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment situations and must maintain confidentiality and engage with employees at all levels of the organization.
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources or related field and five (5) years ' experience as a Human Resource Generalist with one (1) year of labor relations experience.
• Thorough understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts, and practices.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to effectively organize work and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Ability to work at a high level of autonomy to manage multiple ongoing issues and complex employee relations matters with minimum supervision.
• A valid California Driver 's License and a driving record acceptable to Telecare 's insurers
• Out of state travel
• Applicant must be fingerprinted and receive clearance from the Department of Justice
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
Preferred: Thorough understanding of employment and HR related laws, regulations, policies, principles, concepts and practices. Excellent oral and written skills. Ability to work at a high level of autonomy to manage multiple ongoing issues and complex employee and labor relations matters with minimum supervision. Experience conducting complex and sensitive workplace investigations and responding to union grievances.
• Human Resource Certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
• Previous experience providing Human Resources support for a health care organization
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Conduct complex and sensitive workplace investigations which includes identifying the appropriate investigation strategies, communicating findings, and providing recommendations for employment action.
• Handle a wide range of complex and highly sensitive employment issues.
• Analyze HR metrics to identify trends and develop action plans.
• Manage accommodations related to disabilities and leave of absences.
• Partner with third party leave administration to respond to questions and address concerns.
• Provide recommendations for policy updates.
• Remain tactful, calm, and professional in adversarial situations.
• Respond to employee complaints and assist leaders with responding to union grievances.
• Assist legal with gathering information to respond to lawsuits and agency claims.
• Interpret policies, procedures, and Collective Bargaining Agreements to ensure consistent application.
• Provide updates and training on policies, procedures, and work rules to employees and leaders.
• Participates in union negotiations and collect all necessary data to prepare for bargaining.
• Provide guidance and direction to leaders on performance improvement matters.
• Utilize and maintain database to track complaints, investigations, and union grievances.
• Exercise independent judgement and perform work with minimal guidance.
• Open availability and flexibility to work according to the needs of the business
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Excellent fact finding and investigative skills
• Ability to analyze data, trends, and insights to identify the root cause of issues
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Word and Excel
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, twist, bend, and occasionally required squat, kneel, crawl, and climb , as well as to frequently, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.