Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As part of the Telecare Family, Telecare North Sound Evaluation and Treatment (E&T) is a 16-bed facility for adults ages 18+, who are experiencing a mental health emergency.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Days: Varies as needed
The Discharge Resources Coordinator is a treatment team member who is responsible for providing care to meet the physical and psychological needs of members served by ensuring that a realistic and obtainable discharge plan is in place.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of direct care in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care, including CPI and psychiatric rehabilitation principles
• Establishes, maintains and co-facilitates a therapeutic relationship with members served and acts as a role model in maintaining a hopeful and positive attitude in problem solving and coping with the disabilities associated with mental illness
• Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
• Documents members served activities of daily living that supports the discharge plan as appropriate and useful to the members served
• Discharges members served as assigned, including completion of associated documentation
• Contributes to the treatment of the whole person inclusive of physical care, on assigned members served
• Provide members served safety via monitoring including but not limited to rounds, seclusion and restraint supervision
• Commitment to teamwork via questions and cooperation
• Assist in members served outings and/or driving
• Practices body substance precautions at all times
• Provides supervision and support during meals
• Reviews and implements members served treatment plans
• Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
• Demonstrates knowledge of CPI principles and techniques
• Informs the Shift Lead of members served's behavior and condition, particularly changes in mental and/or physical condition
• Observes, records and reports members served physical condition, social and psychiatric behaviors
• Completes the following assessment activities: reviews admission documentation; assists in members served reviews and assessment of members served care plans; demonstrates the ability to recognize changes in members served milieu and make modifications in care giving methods. Provides input on discharge plan and is an advocate for members served to treatment team in team meetings and staffing of individuals who are appropriate for discharge
• Promotes and assists members served in developing self help skills
• Explains policies and procedures to members served and their families
• Maintains an effective and courteous working relationship with members served and other staff members using appropriate interpersonal skills
• Protects the confidentiality of employee and members served information
• Protects members served from behavior that could damage themselves or others
• Demonstrates a knowledge of Telecare's customers including members served families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct
• Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community
• Receives at a minimum two (2) hours of clinical supervision per month from a Qualified Mental Health Professional who has two (2) years of mental health experience (one (1) hour must be face-to-face; the other hour may be a review of documentation, group supervision or observation and follow-up); part-time staff shall have a pro-rated amount
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• BS or BA degree in a behavioral science field or a combination of at least three years relevant (mental health) work, education (formal course work in a behavioral health field of study) and/or training (topics related to mental health assessment and treatment)
• Belief in the individual's ability to recover from disabling mental illness, and co-occurring disorders
• Experience in discharge planning for members served that have SPMI, and experience that includes knowledge of a wide range of placements and services
• Knowledge of basic psychiatric rehabilitation interventions
• Desire to work with adults with mental illness
• Valid Driver's License in the state of program operations is required
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver's license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree in Social Work, Psyhology or a related humen service field, One year experience in mental health and/or public agencies, Licensed Professional preferred.
• Good communication skills
• Proficient in reading, speaking and writing English
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, twist, do power grasping and lift and carry items weighing 75 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.