Indio | California | United States
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 125 programs and over 3,680 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized By The Bay Area Business Times as a Best Place To Work!
As part of the Telecare Family, the Riverside County Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) is a 16-bed locked acute inpatient program for adults, 18+ years old, diagnosed with a serious mental illness, and are experiencing an acute mental health emergency. Admission is voluntary or involuntary (5150). The average stay is 5 -7 days.
Employment Status: Part-Time .5
The Director of Staff Development assesses, plans, develops, coordinates, implements, and evaluates orientations and educational programs in a mental healthcare facility.
· One (1) year of full-time experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in a psychiatric setting
· OR Two (2) years of full-time experience providing care in a mental health care facility
· Master 's Degree (licensed or license eligible in the field of social work, psychology, or counseling; OR Master 's degree and certification in rehabilitation or creative arts therapy; OR Registered Nurse (RN)
· Medical knowledge and experience in mental health and the recovery philosophy is necessary
· Current knowledge of the laws and regulations governing the delivery of health care in California and demonstrable understanding of illness are essential
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
· Understanding of CARF requirements
· Experience with learning management systems, online course development, and/or website maintenance
· Advanced skills in Microsoft programs (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
· Contribute to corporate training efforts (as defined by Director of Clinical Learning and facility administrator)
· Ability to develop, design, and deliver in-person trainings that are learner-centered and performance-based
· Ensure the facility is in compliance with all related state, federal and local licensing regulations and requirements
· Plan, organize, direct and control staff development services at the designated facility
· Evaluate and assess the educational needs of personnel
· Conduct an annual needs assessment, with resulting 12-month Training Plan and monthly calendars
· Plan and implement educational programs according to an annual Training Plan
· Maintain records and reports of all staff education within Relias LMS (learning management system)
· Partner with and coaches facility managers and staff to develop and provide training
· Conduct training and skills building at the facility that meet the Corporate, CARF, and DMH requirements
· Identify the need for in-service programs, provides as needed
· Facilitate staff attendance at outside educational programs and maintains complete and accurate records of same.
· Maintain lesson plans and evaluations for each training
· Plan, organize and implement the facility 's New Employee Orientation
· Within the first three months become a certified CPI instructor
· CPI trainings provided at the facility in accordance with program compliance
· In Collaboration with the Facilities Manager, responsible for planning and conducting emergency drills.
· Interact with and coach all staff on all shifts
· Provide liaison services to schools of counseling, nursing, and other clinical disciplines that are training at the facility including:
o coordinating placement of students
o conducting orientation sessions for the instructors and students
o attending affiliation meetings with individual schools
· Participate on Staff Development Team and Standardization meetings
· Develop and deliver regionally-based trainings (such as but not limited to New Employee Orientation and CPI) for employees across Telecare facilities
· Assist at other Telecare facilities, which may involve limited travel
· Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Knowledge and skill in facilitation of small and large groups
· Engaging manner and fosters open communication
· Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
· Scheduling, writing lesson plans for interactive trainings, maintaining necessary records, teaching, and evaluation
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to walk, twist, bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, stand, reach, and to do simple grasping occasionally. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity, and to occasionally drive. Exposures include Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious), and visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.