Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 130 programs and over 4,000 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare is proud to have been recognized by The Bay Area Business Times as the 9thBest Place To Work In the Bay Area for 2020! This is the 18th time we have made the list!
Our Corporate Headquarters has over 100 employees in following departments: Executive, Development, Finance, Information Systems, Human Resources, Operations, and Marketing & Operations.
Employment Status: Full-Time
This Director of Business Development works closely with senior management in driving innovative strategies for new growth in accordance with industry trends and customer needs. The position’s main focus will be leading multifunctional teams in the production of successful proposals, both competitive and unsolicited. This position also will provide research and writing assistance in support of Telecare’s strategic marketing plan and product line business plans. This position will also monitor, research and analyze relevant public policy developments, legislation and industry best practices in order to help position Telecare as a “thought leader” in the behavioral health field.
· B.A. degree with significant coursework in business, public health, public policy, psychology and/or social sciences.
· At least seven years of experience developing and producing high-quality, large-scale and complex proposal documentation for government or large private industry RFPs under tight deadlines
· Experience and knowledge of mental health program models
· Must possess outstanding management abilities, especially time and resource management
· Demonstrated success in planning, directing, and delivering presentations to high-level personnel and general audiences
· Proven ability in gathering and synthesizing market intelligence in order to generate competitive, effective proposals that secure significant new business opportunities
· In-depth exposure to public policy issues related to health care, mental health, and human services and knowledge of government and the legislative process
· Demonstrated ability to collaborate across organizational boundaries and keep stakeholders engaged in collaborative projects
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
· Advanced degree in a related field
· Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
· Provides leadership in the planning, development, writing, editing, production, tracking and continual process improvement of proposal management procedures and systems
· Develops and maintains criteria for evaluating proposals to determine if Telecare should bid
· Creates a long-term pre-planning system to identify key upcoming RFPs and anticipated requirements. Works with stakeholders to proactively develop solutions, staffing and pricing strategy to respond to these requirements
· Develops necessary internal processes to minimize RFP response time and the cost to produce proposals
· Determines resource requirements to fulfill annual proposal schedules
· Establishes and maintains standards for proposals that meet Telecare’s growth objectives, address customer needs, and expand Telecare’s competitive advantage in the marketplace
· Assembles and leads cross-departmental proposal teams (HR, Finance, Operations, Development) to determine proposal strategy, outline a responsive program design, and develop compelling content. Ensures feedback from reviewers is integrated accordingly
· Participates in product development/program design initiatives, ensuring that each is supported by a base of current information on evidence-based practices and a thorough understanding of customer needs
· Tracks development of new business opportunities, shares industry information with colleagues, and provides guidance to senior management regarding trends in proposal requirements
· Under the direction of the SVP of Development, researches and writes sections of the annual Strategic Marketing Plan
· Assists company leadership staff who are making presentations for external audiences with relevant research, talking points, and slide decks. Provides writing and editing assistance to leadership staff related to marketing and customer relationships as needed and assigned
· Working in partnership with the Communications Department, develops ideas and content for the Annual Report, customer/stakeholder reports, targeted marketing packets, and other marketing/collateral materials
· Helps represent Telecare at customer presentations, and at hearings, public policy forums and stakeholder/community work groups to assist in advancing Telecare’s interests in these settings
· Supervises RFP Manager and Proposal Coordinator: provides guidance regarding work priorities and oversight of all projects
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
· Must have strong organizational skills, team-building and problem-solving orientation, and the ability to plan and execute with minimal supervision
· “Expert” level skills in MS Office Suite for complex document generation and maintenance, advanced proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project, Salesforce.com and Visio.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, bend, twist, reach, do simple grasping and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk and constantly sit. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity. Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.