***$500 Sign On Bonus***
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare's English Hills program is an adult residential facility that provides 24-hour nonmedical care to 5 individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health symptoms receiving regional center services and in need of crisis intervention services who would otherwise be at risk of admission to a more restrictive setting.
***$500 Sign On Bonus***
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: Varies as needed
Days: Varies as needed
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, supervise assigned staff and provide rehabilitative support services for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges .
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Supports Administrator by sharing 24-hour on call responsibilities as scheduled; Requires carrying program cell phone and being first contact for program support during scheduled on call shifts; Must be available to come to program within 30 minutes in case of emergency
• Supervises assigned Direct Care Leads and Direct Care Staff, including providing coaching, discipline and performance reviews
• Provides coverage for the Administrator role as needed for PDL, meetings, etc. This coverage may include:
o Implementing Telecare and program policies and procedures, ensuring staffing and scheduling is aligned with contract and regulations, coordinating services with program's independent contractors
o Serving as liaison between program and Regional Center, Telecare's Corporate office, families, and other relevant stakeholders including coordination with additional Telecare Team members during announced and unannounced visit for regulatory agencies and internal quality reviewers
o Providing program staff with supervision and disciplinary action, completing performance evaluations, and direct the administrative functioning of the program
• Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each member served
• Provide direct care, training and supervision to the member served as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Program Design and Training Schedule
• Comply with program policies and regulations. Comply with local, state, and federal regulatory standards
• Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of members served
• Be familiar with each member served IPP goals, objectives and methods for achieving these goals and objectives.
• Promote special and individual events for the member served (birthdays, dances, community outings, cultural celebrations, etc.)
• Assist member served with habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds, clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner
• Work with Regional Center, workshop staff, and others to provide a comprehensive program for the member served
• Assist and encourage the member served in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living
• Administer treatments and special diets as ordered by physician
• Assist residents to take self-administered, prescribed medications
• Attend member served conferences as may be required
• Assure that each member served receives substantial and appropriate attention daily
• Be continuously ready to assist member served in areas of need
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management .
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety)
• High School Graduation or G.E.D.
• Two (2) years' experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities with challenging behavior service needs, at least 1 of these years must be working with adult individuals
• Board certified as a Registered Behavior Technician within 60 days of initial employment or be a Qualified Behavior Modification Professional
• Must have, or obtain within 60 days, an Adult Residential Facility (ARF) Administrator certificate issued by the California Department of Social Services
• Must have, or obtain within 60 days, a Residential Services Orientation certificate through a Regional Center
• Prior experience in a mental health setting
• Within one year of employment, all direct care staff shall complete both segments of Direct Support Professional (DSP) competency-based training course including the competency tests or pass the department-approved challenge tests applicable to both training segments. Proof of prior successful completion of both training segments and competency exams will meet this requirement
• Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age
• Must be CPR, CPI and First Aid certified (hands-on course) on date of employment or prior to providing direct client care and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply .
• Direct Care Staff speak the language of the people they support
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness, and sensitivity
• Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations regarding client information and records
• Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.