Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
Telecare's English Hills program is an adult residential facility that provides 24-hour nonmedical care to 5 individuals with developmental disabilities and mental health symptoms receiving regional center services and in need of crisis intervention services who would otherwise be at risk of admission to a more restrictive setting.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: PM 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm
Days: Tuesday - Saturday
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator provide support and training to developmentally disabled population with co-occurring mental illness. The Direct Care Staff shall work under the general direction of the Program Administrator.
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide direct client care in 1:1 and group settings utilizing a combination of intensive teaching and natural environment training arrangements.
• Follow the prescribed behavioral skill acquisition and behavior reduction protocols.
• Collect, record, and summarize data on observable client behavior.
• Assist with parent and caregiver training in line with client's individualized treatment and behavior reduction protocols.
• Effectively communicate with parents and caregivers regarding client progress as instructed by the Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) or Board-Certified Assistance Behavior Analyst (BCaBA).
• Utilize safe & appropriate handing procedures when working with clients.
• Maintain client confidentiality.
• Assist Direct Care Lead with skill acquisition and behavior reduction assessments.
• Assist Direct Care Lead in preparing member materials as instructed.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and organized work and therapy environment.
• Assume Direct Care Lead responsibilities in their absence.
• Collaborate with treatment team including client, parents and caregivers, outside professionals, Lead Behavioral Technician.
• Maintain and acquire technical knowledge by attending required trainings.
• Provide support to each member served to assist in the implementation of needs and services plan and individual program plan, including aiding residents in basic self-help skills, daily living skills and adaptive living skill areas, and implement training skill programs.
• Maintain daily logs and data reports.
• Act as an appropriate role model for residents by dressing and behaving in a socially appropriate manner.
• Prepare meals and snacks as indicated on weekly menus.
• Prepare meals and snacks while involving residents in meal preparation tasks to the extent that residents choose to participate.
• Take residents to medical and dental appointments, and any outside activities, as assigned by the Program Administrator.
• Assist residents to take self-administered, prescribed medications.
• Must participate in monthly supervision meeting with qualified supervisor. Direct Care Staff must be supervised for 5% qualifying activities each month by BCaBA or BACA.
• Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety). Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• Direct Care Staff speak the language of the people they support.
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness, and sensitivity.
• Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations regarding client information and records.
• Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.