Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations and have over 155 programs and over 4,300 employees across the country. And we 're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
White Lane - Stockton CA - As the newest member of the Telecare family, this 4-bed adult EBSH residential program providing non-medical care in a home-like environment to adults ages 18 and over with developmental disabilities and mental health diagnoses who require behavioral supports, structured activities, and assistance with meal planning, activities of daily living, and participating in their community. Focus of the program will be helping residents identify and achieve their hopes and dreams. The program is scheduled to open in Spring 2022
Full Time - PM/Nights - Sun - Thursday OR Tuesday - Saturday
Part-Time/Short Hour - Friday and Saturday or Sunday and Monday
Under the supervision of the Program Administrator, provide rehabilitative support services for adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral challenges .
• Demonstrate the Telecare mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Supports Administrator by sharing 24 hour on call responsibilities on a schedule to be determined by Administrator and Direct Care Leads; Requires carrying program cell phone and being first contact for program support during scheduled on call shifts; Must be available to come to program within 30 minutes in case of emergency
• Participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary treatment team and assist in the evaluation and assessment, treatment planning, and discharge planning for each member served
• Supervises Direct Care staff on assigned shift
• Provide direct care, training and supervision to the member served as prescribed in the individual IPP and provided for in the Program Design and Training Schedule
• Comply with program policies and regulations. Comply with local, state, and federal regulatory standards
• Provide for the physical care, training, supervision and recreation of members served
• Be familiar with each member served IPP goals, objectives and methods for achieving these goals and objectives.
• Promote special and individual events for the member served (birthdays, dances, community outings, cultural celebrations, etc.)
• Assist member served with habit training, maintenance of a well-groomed appearance, and maintenance of beds, clothing and living areas in a clean and orderly manner
• Work with Regional Center, workshop staff, and others to provide a comprehensive program for the member served
• Assist and encourage the member served in developing self-reliance in activities of daily living
• Administer treatments and special diets as ordered by physician
• Assist residents to take self-administered, prescribed medications
• Attend member served conferences as may be required
• Assure that each member served receives substantial and appropriate attention daily
• Be continuously ready to assist member served in areas of need
• If employed at Inpatient program, must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• If employed at outpatient program, must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management
• High School Graduation or G.E.D.
• One (1) Year experience providing direct care to individuals with developmental disabilities with challenging behavior service needs
• Board certified as a Registered Behavior Technician within 60 days of initial employment or be a Qualified Behavior Modification Professional
• Prior experience in a mental health setting
• Within one year of employment, all direct care staff shall complete both segments of Direct Support Professional (DSP) competency-based training course including the competency tests or pass the department-approved challenge tests applicable to both training segments. Proof of prior successful completion of both training segments and competency exams will meet this requirement
• Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
• Must be CPR, CPI and First Aid certified (hands-on course) on date of employment or prior to providing direct client care and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. This position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply .
• Direct Care Staff speak the language of the people they support
• Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring tact, poise, friendliness, and sensitivity
• Ability to maintain integrity and confidentiality regulations regarding client information and records
• Must be able to communicate well in English, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to communicate verbally by phone in English
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, bend, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 50 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, twist, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity and to occasionally drive and be exposed to uneven walking ground as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). Visual requirements include computers and books exposure.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer Description
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.